2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Sorry if this has been posted before in the past but i did search the forums and didnt find anything.

This morning my battery was completley flat on my 06 2.2ctdi EX (which i believe is due to the oil level sensor) and i had RAC come out to get it started. The guy hooked some jumper leads up to his tow truck which did the trick (even tho it took 20 minutes before i could start my car). However now my internal fans do not work at all. I turn the fan to full speed but nothing blows at all. I tried turning it to auto and turning the temp down to LO but still nothing. I then checked the fuse which is a 40 but that hasnt blown. Im really stumped on this one and hope it isnt something too bad? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry one final thing. My car is obviously out of its warranty as its 4 years old now and i only bought it 2nd hand less than a year ago. But will honda charge me to fix the oil sensor problem that drains the battery? Or is this considered a factory fault?

Thanks again guys!
Mike

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Noone have any ideas? :(

Does anyone know where the relay is located that controls the blower? I would imagine that relay also controls the Aircon heater etc? I have a sneaking suspicion maybe that was blown in the process off jumping the car? Iv had a look in the manual but couldnt see anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks

·
Registered
613 Posts
Bumping an old thread here just in case anyone else has the same problem. After a nasty jump start, the blower wouldn't work on any setting and the fuse was fine. Turned out to be the heater resistor pack, which was about £60 before fitting.

Hope this helps someone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts