2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When plugging in my handheld vacuum cleaner into the front lighter socket I managed to blow the fuse (number 29)

Looked in the manual and discovered that on the 3 door Civic, fuses 32 & 33 (I think) aren't used, as these are for the rear electric windows, which the Type S obviously doesn't have.
So I 'borrowed' fuse 32 to get my lighter socket working again.

Can anyone confirm that fuses 32 & 33 are indeed spare ? Everything else seems to still work, so I think I'm ok.

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Pottsy - just wanted to confirm I'd read the manual right. :)

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Top of the posters CP, well done!

What would the Top 10 posters list look like if you excluded the 'Introduce yourself thread'?

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That must be one hell of a vacuum cleaner :eek:, the ciggy socket is on a 20 Amp fuse!
That's what I thought!

The ignition key was at position I when I went to plug in the power socket into the cigarette lighter, and there was a slight spark, followed immediately by another 'crack' as the fuse popped.

I have learnt from this now, so will plug things into the cigarette lighter socket first, and then switch on the ignition. :oops:

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Why would they put the fuses in and then not use them??

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wondered that as well :confused: - still it saved me going out and buying a new fuse as I 'borrowed' one of the spares, and still have another spare 20amp fuse should it happen again ;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
If the fuse box is the same in all models, then I would guess it is simpler (and less prone to errors) to manufacture the fuse box with all fuses in place, so that any fuse box can be fitted to any model on the production line. The cost (to Honda) of the fuses themselves will be minimal.

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
I think it is worth checking the power lead to the vacuum. There may be an intermintent short on a part of the lead that is under stress. I'd also check the plug and connection to the motor.

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think it is worth checking the power lead to the vacuum. There may be an intermintent short on a part of the lead that is under stress. I'd also check the plug and connection to the motor.
Cheers for the heads up - Just checked the cables, and the motor end was fine.

However, in the cigarette lighter plug bit, because of the way the wires had been soldered on, there was the chance of the + and - touching intermittently. I've insulated the bare bits of wire & solder, so that should cure it.:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi,
I also managed to connect something (a small acitve subwoofer) to the cigarette lighter plug in the back of the car (in the trunk) and now it seems that I've blown a fuse or something as nothing would work in that plug. The front cigarette lighter however is still OK.
Which fuse should I check and where (under the bonnet or next to pedals?) would it be? Or is it possible something else is cooked?
I will install a proper power cable from the battery but I will still need that rear plug for a "remote" signal.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Rasmus - fuse 28 in the set by the pedals is for the 'rear accessory socket' so pretty sure that means the cig lighter in the boot :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Cheers! It is indeed, and just as I was hoping - it is burned out. So going shopping for a new fuse and hopefully we will hear some bass again :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
27,32,33 and 34 are unused in the 1.8 3 door. :)
This info is great!! Blew the fuse that does the interior lighting, all the greens behind the dash, the glove box and the blue ambient light. Hope one of these will be the same rating. Just gotta wait for day light now!

Cheers Pottsy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, I'm new to this forum so bare with me please

I've got the 2006+ civic 5 door 1.4 sport model(petrol)

My cigarette lighter is not working cause there was a safety pin inside it don't ask me how it got there cause it's a long story. I managed to take the safety pin out , then i tried to plugin my USB adapter to charge my phone and it was not working so i tried the lighter and it was not working as well

I guess there was a short circuit so i need to check the fuse box btw its under the hood(i know how to get there).

I searched this thread for some help but got a bit :confused:

So please someone help me by posting a picture pointing witch fuse do i need to check/replace.

Thank you

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Hello, I'm new to this forum so bare with me please

I've got the 2006+ civic 5 door 1.4 sport model(petrol)

My cigarette lighter is not working cause there was a safety pin inside it don't ask me how it got there cause it's a long story. I managed to take the safety pin out , then i tried to plugin my USB adapter to charge my phone and it was not working so i tried the lighter and it was not working as well

I guess there was a short circuit so i need to check the fuse box btw its under the hood(i know how to get there).

I searched this thread for some help but got a bit :confused:

So please someone help me by posting a picture pointing witch fuse do i need to check/replace.

Thank you
Hello mate,

You can find all the fuses listed here:

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/electronics/19248-fuses-circuits-protected.html

Start with the interior fusebox #29.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts