2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Supporter
542 Posts
looks great....scary though, dont fancy taking something as important as a steering whell apart! :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
9,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let's get started....
for most of the parts I used a couple thin screwdrivers,similar to those used by watch makers....

the switch shown here was the 1st to be removed.
it's the one that adjusts the hight of the headlights.it is undone from the back side.no need to be pulled out.
the replecment leds (smd) that I used are by osram, high dencity,even though the market is full from leds like them....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the VSA switch and the A/C switch use 12v incadescence lamps.
there were all replaced with smd led lights each working with 1Komh resistance on the same plastic bases of the lamps!!!!....
as you may see in the next posts,on the A/C switch I installed a blue led for "cold" and a red one for "hot"...

in order to avoid all this trouble, you can import them from the U.S.A :Super Bright LEDs - Instrument Cluster and Gauge Backlights

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the steering wheel.

in order to remove the swiches placed on the right and the left of the steering wheel I had to remove the air bag first (very easy,proceed with no fear) by unscrewing two torx screws,one on each side.
after that I removed the aluminium styled T-plastic,the one with the net on the lower arm....
after that,all switches were removed vey easily using a Philips screw driver.the original lights were smd led's and were replaced by blue ones...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this switch contains two common led light 3mm.
both were replaced with blue ones.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
door switches.

after removing the door cards the chip is very easy to be removed for the bottom side.
I did not know that and I've took it apart in the first place... :(

this chip has 5 common led's of 3mm each.every one was replaced by a blue one.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the mirror switches.

this switch has 3 smd led's but one of them is well hidden!
to find it you have to remove the one that choses the left or the right mirror too.
Beware! it is very sensitive!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
the radio-cd player.

after removing th head unit as we all have seen in this site before,the front plactic plate can be seperated easily using a Philips screw driver in two places. the "on-off" knob and the "tuning" one must be removed too...

then I faced the huge chip with 11 incandescence lamps of 6 volts each.
each lamp has it's own resistance circuit.I removed them all and replaced them all with 1 Kohm each an of course 10 smd blue led's and one red for the "on-off" knob....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is the final outcome...
I hope you like it as much as I do...:)
Enjoy...:popcorn2:

Attachments

·
BoInG BoInG
1,370 Posts
wow, looks smart, very brave and very good work mate, well done!?!

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
That's a very nice job, especially the red power on button of the radio is a nice touch!
Looks great!

·
CS1.6 Pro
1,666 Posts
wish i wasnt scared of braking it! looks great :)

·
Big T
1,554 Posts
great work mate well done....:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Impressive!!! I'm considering doing that in the near future (actually using pure white led modules). The only problem for me is dissasembling the steering wheel. I'm a little bit afraid.

·
I drive my Mistress...
874 Posts
where did you get the lights from, and are they just plug and play, or did you have to solder?

Reactions: fav150
1 - 20 of 39 Posts