2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any one tell me dose the blue footwell lighting come on with the interior light or when the head lights are switched on ? :?: :?:

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
with the interior lighting, and i think they stayed on (dimmer) when driving with headlights on too.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
I'm guessing that the footwell lighting wiring is still present on cars that dont have it specced............. so..... reckon it's possible to add this in as a user mod?

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
I asked about this today. Dealer Principle suggested one wasn't available yet. Not sure if he misunderstood my question. I'll carry on digging.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
The ES I had, had it. Quite nice to be honest. I cannot see for the life of me how it's worth the money they're trying to charge for it as an option though.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
If they can put an LED in the lighting to light up the cointray/drink tray, then why not fit the blue lights as standard?!

·
Registered
125 Posts
lawful56 said:
Has anyone gone for blue footwell lighting yet. :?:
I went for the blue footwell lighting. It looks well in the car. Basicaly it comes on full for a while with the rest of the interior lights and when they fade out the fottwell light dim but stay on.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Re: BLue Footwell lighting

I went for the blue lighting on my diesel EX I am not sure how it cost so much, but certainly adds to the feel of piloting a space ship at night. Although the dealer who fitted mine managed to fit them so that they barely shone through the holes though, had to have a fiddle and got them right in the end, maybe I should invoice them, must be worth £50 or so by their own rules for the cost of them.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
I have the footwell lighting included with the studio pack option selected mainly for the reversing camera, but looks real cool - Have now substituted the central overhead courtesy light festoon bulb for a blue LED type, this totally floods the interior of the car with a matching blue theme. Have kept the front map lights ( auto switchable) in white for normal use.

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Has anyone had blue footwell lighting fitted, AFTER they bought their car. And how much did it cost ?. :roll:

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Jeffao said:
I have the footwell lighting included with the studio pack option selected mainly for the reversing camera, but looks real cool - Have now substituted the central overhead courtesy light festoon bulb for a blue LED type, this totally floods the interior of the car with a matching blue theme. Have kept the front map lights ( auto switchable) in white for normal use.
Was wondering about doing this myself. What bulb did you use and was it easy enough to do?

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Jeffao, I would be interested in changing the central light for the blue, can you post details?

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Hi guys Sorry for delayed reply. The LED lamp is a direct replacement for the festoon bulb ie same fitting just has 6 miniature Blue LED mounted in the middle - clips straight in Costs £4.50 on-line with free first class p&p Will post the url address this afternoon - its on my laptop at a different address.

UPDATE http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/home.php?cat=610 The size/type required is the 269 pattern.

Kind regards to all

·
Registered
230 Posts
Jeffao said:
Hi guys Sorry for delayed reply. The LED lamp is a direct replacement for the festoon bulb ie same fitting just has 6 miniature Blue LED mounted in the middle - clips straight in Costs £4.50 on-line with free first class p&p Will post the url address this afternoon - its on my laptop at a different address.

UPDATE http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/home.php?cat=610 The size/type required is the 269 pattern.

Kind regards to all
sorry for the misunderstanding...
but where does this bulb go?
isit the light on the ceiling of the back seats?

btw Elfa, blue ambient lights are £200. im thinking whether to get them. very pricy!!

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Hi Jeffao, have you any info for the rear ceiling bulb, pattern No etc ?. Thanks. :lol:

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Thanks Nick. As you can see, Ive asked Jeffao the same question. Does seem pricy. Wonder if its a DIY job. Pottsy might be able to tell us . :lol:

1 - 20 of 272 Posts