2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search on these and from what i read and heard they sound good but i want to know if anyone on here has got one and what the gains were like on them as i prefer the sound of the Blueflame to any other exhaust iv heard.

·
Aye Aye....
7,098 Posts
It's a strange one mate, I agree the blueflame does sound good but very few people have got one, most have opted for the miltek, it has a good sound and produces decent gains too, it's a good size too at 63mm

·
Registered
890 Posts
iv not got flashpro ( just hondata group n ecu) yet mate is on the list for the next couple of months but im not going to get it properly mapped until i have exhaust plus rrc plus exhaust manifold fitted

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Noticed that myself. I want the blueflame but only if it makes decent gains as iv got flashpro so will be getting it mapped.

Surely someone out there will have a blueflame that has been mapped using flashpro

·
Registered
890 Posts
my car defo felt alot more responsive and pulled harder with just the group n map ( not just me my mates and work mates who have had a shot agree it pulls harder)

·
Aye Aye....
7,098 Posts
Yeh I went down to TDI last April, great service really professional, see to be honest Ross, I would say all catbacks are likely to make pretty similar gains 4-8bhp max, the only ones I'd expect to see out perform the rest are maybe Toda and mugen but definitely the full titanium J's single exit, aside from that I don't think you'll see much difference if any between them all, so if you like the blueflame sound I'd say go with it as gains won't be much different with other exhausts! Hope that helps

·
Registered
890 Posts
Yeh I went down to TDI last April, great service really professional, see to be honest Ross, I would say all catbacks are likely to make pretty similar gains 4-8bhp max, the only ones I'd expect to see out perform the rest are maybe Toda and mugen but definitely the full titanium J's single exit, aside from that I don't think you'll see much difference if any between them all, so if you like the blueflame sound I'd say go with it as gains won't be much different with other exhausts! Hope that helps
agreed unless you got for 1 of the money no option exhausts toda mugen or js i think their all gonna be about the same so it just comes down to sound and what you prefer

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
I would never go for Blueflame IMO. The Milltek was fantastic an the Civic, so much so Ive just ordered one for the Scirocco R. Not only does it sound good (but makes less than 5BHP) but I managed to sell mine for a great price on the forum when I sold my car, because its popular and people know the great sound :-D

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
see here -

·
Aye Aye....
7,098 Posts
I would never go for Blueflame IMO. The Milltek was fantastic an the Civic, so much so Ive just ordered one for the Scirocco R. Not only does it sound good (but makes less than 5BHP) but I managed to sell mine for a great price on the forum when I sold my car, because its popular and people know the great sound :-D
I agree mate, I love the miltek, really pleased with it, and yeh it'll be easy to sell on but at the end of the day, if Ross prefers the sound of the blueflame and it's likely to show the same gains as the other catbacks out there then it's blueflame FTW really

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
I agree mate, I love the miltek, really pleased with it, and yeh it'll be easy to sell on but at the end of the day, if Ross prefers the sound of the blueflame and it's likely to show the same gains as the other catbacks out there then it's blueflame FTW really
Ye its no problem, each to their own but I wouldnt suggest you get it for the gains, even after a full remap and all the bits I had you could barely feel the difference. Its not as though it was MUCH faster like the remap on the turbo Scirocco. In fact the Civic was beaten in a race in 6th gear against a diesel Civic in 6th gear from 70mph lol! My GF was so smug lol

·
Aye Aye....
7,098 Posts
Ye its no problem, each to their own but I wouldnt suggest you get it for the gains, even after a full remap and all the bits I had you could barely feel the difference. Its not as though it was MUCH faster like the remap on the turbo Scirocco. In fact the Civic was beaten in a race in 6th gear against a diesel Civic in 6th gear from 70mph lol! My GF was so smug lol
Nah your spot on there, gains on the civic are tough and the exhaust gain is minimal, but the gain on the turbo will be massive! Is it the R you have? I'd like to stick with the civic but the lazy part of me thinks, turbo, remap, dump valve = millions of power, millions of power = happy Dave lol

·
Registered
890 Posts
aye thats the one thing that annoys me about the type r you have to have really really really deeps pockets to get any massive gains

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Nah your spot on there, gains on the civic are tough and the exhaust gain is minimal, but the gain on the turbo will be massive! Is it the R you have? I'd like to stick with the civic but the lazy part of me thinks, turbo, remap, dump valve = millions of power, millions of power = happy Dave lol
Have you read my Sig? lol

2010 Scirocco R DSG
2009 Audi RS6 Avant

£90k worth :) [smilie=graytard.gi:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts