2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bluespark now have a dyno installed so I went on a long drive so they could develop one for my 1.5 turbo sport and it was well worth it, as stock it was producing a lot more than quoted, they recommend using premium higher octane fuel, they said it was a very good engine and had lots of tuning potential, they only had to increase boost by just over 3 psi.
I have also got a K&N panel filter on.
I think the box is going to retail for £174.99 not bad for 240hp and 320 NM torque (236 lb ft)
I will post the dyno graphs in due course.

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
No quotey... no linky.... What's going on??

That is a cheap mod for those gains.... reliability and longevity... Only time will tell.

I know on my old 9G DTEC, it made more than the manufacturers power claims on the dyno.. 120bhp vs 141bhp.. Pretty sure when it comes to the type R's the are a lot closer to the recommended manufacturers claims.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
198.4 hp stock, that's 18 more than claimed running on V power and a K&N panel filter, prob explains why videos on Youtube and in car mags have quicker quoted 0-60/100km times than Honda claim, Car and Driver got 7.0 sec 0-60, I think I saw another dyno video and they got around 191 hp stock.

I had a few technical problems uploading the dyno graphs, I was using photobucket but had so many pop up adverts it was going so slow, try again later

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,087 Posts
198.4 hp stock, that's 18 more than claimed running on V power and a K&N panel filter, prob explains why videos on Youtube and in car mags have quicker quoted 0-60/100km times than Honda claim, Car and Driver got 7.0 sec 0-60, I think I saw another dyno video and they got around 191 hp stock.
That's pretty impressive.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It only starts to produce more power and torque above 2000rpm, the technician Edd said he didn't have to force it to produce more power more the case of it was been held back, he assures me they are all within safe tolerances with no massive boost increase.
There is also a map A-D setting, map A is 227 hp and he said if you are going to use normal 95RON fuel use map A.

They took some photos of my car which they will put on their Facebook page and blog in due course along with the dyno graph

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,087 Posts
It only starts to produce more power and torque above 2000rpm, the technician Edd said he didn't have to force it to produce more power more the case of it was been held back, he assures me they are all within safe tolerances with no massive boost increase.
There is also a map A-D setting, map A is 227 hp and he said if you are going to use normal 95RON fuel use map A.

They took some photos of my car which they will put on their Facebook page and blog in due course along with the dyno graph
I wonder what one of these remapped will go like vs a standard FN2.

·
Registered
368 Posts
At least 10 extra ponies when running premium fuel on the 10G, nice! It is probably closer to 180HP when using the minimum recommended 95 octane :puke:.

I didn't know that the 9G diesel was also understated. I thought our iDTEC felt livelier than 120HP >:)

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,277 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thats mighty cheap! how will the clutch hold up to that much power?
Ive had mine remapped with a Hondata +9 psi flash and im worried how the clutch will last if I give it some abuse

Out of interest how does the car sound with the K+N?

Any other mods on the car?

Thanks
Mick

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thats mighty cheap! how will the clutch hold up to that much power?
Ive had mine remapped with a Hondata +9 psi flash and im worried how the clutch will last if I give it some abuse

Out of interest how does the car sound with the K+N?

Any other mods on the car?

Thanks
Mick

The Bluespark box only has just over 3 psi and power doesn't start to rise until after 2000rpm so IMO the clutch should be ok in normal driving, however if you dump the clutch from high revs from a standing start all the time I would be more concerned.

Not really noticed much sound with the K&N as it's only an OEM replacement panel filter you need an induction one for sound, I brought it for slightly better air flow to improve throttle response and for long life.

No other mods, they seems quite popular in the USA and on Youtube there are lots of mod videos on there.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I didn't know that the 9G diesel was also understated. I thought our iDTEC felt livelier than 120HP >:)[/QUOTE]
Yes I had a 1.6 I-dtec and was very impressed with it, it felt a lot faster than claimed, AutoExpress recorded 0-60 in 9.2 sec from Honda's 10.5 0-62.5 claim

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wonder what one of these remapped will go like vs a standard FN2.

I had a 1.8, then FN2, then 1.6 I-dtec now a 1.5 Sport, as standard for straight line acceleration the FN2 is faster but not by much I had a screaming EP3 just pass me at 103 er kph! for in gear acceleration 50-70 for eg in 4th-6th the 1.5 is faster due to higher torque only in 3rd is the FN2 a bit faster, I have got an Autocar road test of both the FN2 and 1.5 sport giving full perf figures.

A re-mapped/tuning box one would be faster due to superior power/torque and power to weight but what I love about the 1.5 sport is you get similar performance to the FN2 as standard but with a much better ride, economy, lower r tax and insurance it also handles really well, the only thing I miss is the V-tec growl!

Honda could of made the sport a better if they based it on the American market SI, that has lovely sport seats, an LSD as standard and a bit more power, Honda could of done what VW do with the Golf and bring out a performance pack option.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just spotted that Edd at Bluespark has done a posting under 10gen engines and transmissions about the tuning box availability and the dyno he did on my car.

He is looking for someone with a 1.0lt to visit so he can develop a box for that model

1 - 20 of 88 Posts