81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
i-Vtec
1,876 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello guys,

Just installed the box to my 1.5T MT and it feels great! I think the box is now on map C (as default), haven't changed anything yet and I'm really impressed by the way my car drives now :oops:. I've made few tests and by figures, it's much faster than stock. One question - can I get, please, any info regarding other maps? Like approx how much power/torque is set up on specific map?

Many thanks! I will definitely recommend this product to other people!

@[email protected]

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Map A suitable for 95 Ron petrol on bluespark dyno for my car 227hp and 302 nm torque. Top map 240hp and 320 nm torque using 99 Ron petrol. Map B and C I don't know but would be small increments between the two

·
Registered
4 Posts
Map A suitable for 95 Ron petrol on bluespark dyno for my car 227hp and 302 nm torque. Top map 240hp and 320 nm torque using 99 Ron petrol. Map B and C I don't know but would be small increments between the two
Hi, thanks for info. I haven't tried any of the maps below C (default). Tried few minutes ago map D. Same road, same conditions( 100 Ron, ASR off, winter tyres, launched from 3000rpm, app used: Speed Logic Lite)
Map C vs Map D
0-100: 7,45s vs 7,42s
50-100: 4,01s vs 4,00s
80-120: 4s vs 4s
100-150: 5,99s vs 8s
1/4 mile: 14,96s vs 14,9s
100-200: 18,99s vs 21s
0-200: 26,45s vs 28,45s

I really don't get why those bold figures are worse with map D, when it's expected to be faster :unsure:. I really moved the switch with one position to the right of default one

I wonder how map E( last one) will be :unsure:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I really don't get why those bold figures are worse with map D
I've recently purchased the tuning box for my 1.6D and based on my quick non-scientific testing, map D was disappointing to me too.

I wonder how map E( last one) will be
I've switched to E7, after trying C6 (default), D5 and C9, and it feels the best one so far (without any measurements). I'm looking forward to you measurements, it will be great to compare map E to the previous two. (If you have some extra time, maybe you could put the bypass, so we can also compare with the stock values, without the tuning box)

·
Vendor
65 Posts
Map C vs Map D
0-100: 7,45s vs 7,42s
50-100: 4,01s vs 4,00s
80-120: 4s vs 4s
100-150: 5,99s vs 8s
1/4 mile: 14,96s vs 14,9s
100-200: 18,99s vs 21s
0-200: 26,45s vs 28,45s

I really don't get why those bold figures are worse with map D, when it's expected to be faster :unsure:. I really moved the switch with one position to the right of default one
Hi Sandoocz,
Im pleased to hear you are getting good results on setting C.

There is a massive difference between map C and stock. There is a small difference between map C and map D and as a result I would expect only a slight improvement in times on Map D, but certainly not it being any worse.

Unfortunately those timing figures don't seem to add up.
You can't have the same 0-100kph time, 2 seconds slower from 100-150, yet do the same quarter mile time. That doesn't make mathematical sense.
If the car accelerated up to 150kph 2 seconds slower, the quarter mile would be 2 seconds slower.

That's based on getting a trap speed of 150kph, but that should be about right for a car of this sort of power and weight.

I suspect there's an issue with the app's GPS lock or something like that. I really reccomend Dragy if you can get one. Its really accurate and works well.

I've recently purchased the tuning box for my 1.6D and based on my quick non-scientific testing, map D was disappointing to me too.
On the 1.6 Diesel Civic the maps are totally different and have totally different results. This car is a 1.5T (petrol/gasoline). Whilst they both work well, advice for settings doesn't apply from one platform to the other.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Unfortunately those timing figures don't seem to add up.
You can't have the same 0-100kph time, 2 seconds slower from 100-150, yet do the same quarter mile time. That doesn't make mathematical sense.
If the car accelerated up to 150kph 2 seconds slower, the quarter mile would be 2 seconds slower.

That's based on getting a trap speed of 150kph, but that should be about right for a car of this sort of power and weight.

I suspect there's an issue with the app's GPS lock or something like that. I really reccomend Dragy if you can get one. Its really accurate and works well.
Well, I share with you the same opinion, I think there might be something wrong with the APP, I don't believe the figures with map D to be same/worse than with C

Anyway, there is a great improvement from stock to setting C, so as we discussed on facebook, I will keep this setting for some time :)

81 - 88 of 88 Posts