2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've just had a bluespark pro with boost control, fitted by bluespark automotive, and what a difference it's made. There site quotes 183bhp and 433nm at the base settings.

Honda Civic 2.2 i-CTDi 140 BHP / 103kw Petrol & Diesel Chip Tuning Boxes

It took the bloke 10 mins to fit, and is very tidy in the engine bay.

I chose this box for its boost sense feature and also it's Rev sense which changes the fuel map based on your revs and the amour of boost, so there is no smoke at all and the power is there whenever u need it.

Of course I've moved the map up to the max now, and it feels fantastic.

For £279 I would recommend this place to anyone considering a tuning box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Just be aware that if the quoted figure of torque is correct, expect your clutch to be slipping within the next 6 months.

I had a box on my Astra 150 derv and it was a beast. People running the box were dyno-ing 190-200hp

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
U get what you pay for, this box take into account revs and boost to give an accurate fuel level, so no smoke and works a treat.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,896 Posts
It's a bit expensive compared to a remap, but (unlike a remap) easy to put on/take off/sell when the car goes.

In theory, a decent plug-in box will alter the ECU parameters to increase performance in the same way as a remap, but to do this it would need to connect directly to the ECU, almost certainly by plugging into the OBDII port. Judging by the picture in the link, the example under discussion does not have an OBDII plug, so it must instead simply cheat by distorting sensor readings.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
im not saying it doesnt work, but sounds alot for a plug in box,
but yes simple to install/deinstall...
but personally id rather have the ecu reading the air fuel etc and controlling everything rather then a piggy back control unit.

be interesting to see dyno results of the box to see how much power you are making with it

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,896 Posts
im not saying it doesnt work, but sounds alot for a plug in box,
but yes simple to install/deinstall...
but personally id rather have the ecu reading the air fuel etc and controlling everything rather then a piggy back control unit.

be interesting to see dyno results of the box to see how much power you are making with it
...And also to see how that increased torque is being delivered! It's relatively easy to reach impressive-looking figures by simply dumping in extra fuel to pump-up the figures low down in the rev range where they are less useful.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, I haven't been back on the app in days, and all hell breaks loose. I want something that can be undone easily, I've learnt by my mistakes with my old car, spent a fortune on in reversible mods to get a lot of power, and then blew the engine, I've lost £6k on it in the last 5 years!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts