2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Edd your courtesy car is not your M4 by any chance lol!
Here's hoping! :grin2::grin2: I could be gone for a while tomorrow if it is! [smilie=laff.gif]

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
So had my visit to see Edd and the guys and Bluespark today. Very friendly and professional bunch who spent the whole afternoon working on the Civic to find a suitable state of tune.

Edd was surprised at the amount of standard boost already on the engine (20-21 I think he said) so was reluctant to push to more than 24, so the gains are good, and noticeable, but not possibly as much as expected. Still, there's a good gain in output, economy was certainly no worse on my 100 mile trip home, and fuelling felt smoother throughout, especially on a couple of sections in the rev range.

Standard car showed 131BHP & 195NM, 99RON map 150BHP (149.8 actually but hey, let's round up!) & 225NM, 95RON map 146BHP & 215NM.

A great and thorough job all round. Thanks to @[email protected] and the guys. I came away very happy.

Here's the dyno graph and other pics.....

·
Registered
675 Posts
That's not bad, 150 hp for a 1lt engine and torque of 166 lb ft and they can be purchased for only £174.99 less members discount

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The images didn't display for some reason
Can you seriously not see the images?? I can see them, and I hosted on Photobucket and copied the URL like I've done before???

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Hmm. So is it worth it?
For the price I would say so @D84rk_Knight. Edd said he could have used the multi channel box and probably got a bit more power and an even smoother torque curve but it would have doubled the cost and probably put most people of purchasing one. So for £140 (I think that's what it is with members discount) then I'd say it's worth it.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Cool. Did they mention when it will go up for sale? And I cant see the images either. It says “image not found” on each one.

Are u able to post a picture of under the bonnet so we could see where the box is placed and how the cables are routes?

·
Registered
491 Posts
0-60 isn't actually a good measurement to compare. On 0-60 a lot depends on the driver, how well he can launch etc.
A better measurement is 100-200 (km/h) because then it doesn't matter if you're a good driver, it all depends on the car. That said...if your car can reach 200km/h off course :smile3:

·
Super Moderator
2,212 Posts
for me the real gain from mods like this is the improvement in clean running
that's where the smoothness comes from
unless you lift the revs higher your not going to get any more speed out of the car but the improvement in torque and nice smooth drive improve the drive of the cars no end

·
Registered
675 Posts
Can you seriously not see the images?? I can see them, and I hosted on Photobucket and copied the URL like I've done before???

Strange I'm getting image not found when viewing on my phone but I can view them on my laptop and by clicking the link on the email thread notifications

·
Registered
675 Posts
You would really need to fit a Racelogic v box recorder to get an accurate time then there is all the factors of the driver and road conditions.

A 30-70 mph in 3rd gear gives a better perf acceleration comparison.

0-60 based on cars with similar size, power, torque and weight recoded in car magazines a good example being a Ford Focus 1.5 ecoboost 150ps recorded 0-60 in 8.6 and a 150ps Astra 8.3 , IMO you would be looking at 0-60 around 8.5 sec give or take a couple of tenths with the bluespark 150 box fitted

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Can you see the pictures now gents?

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
for me the real gain from mods like this is the improvement in clean running
that's where the smoothness comes from
unless you lift the revs higher your not going to get any more speed out of the car but the improvement in torque and nice smooth drive improve the drive of the cars no end
Totally agree @scaramanga. This is what I was wanting. Smoother delivery and a bit of improved pulling power. I'm not arsed about improving 0-60 or top speed.

Reactions: Riko

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
21 - 40 of 93 Posts