2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does there exist an adapter that can plug into the standard FN2 head unit that allows you to connect a device via bluetooth??

If so what is it called and where can i get one??

·
Administrator
18,008 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I bought a bluetooth fm transmitter off ebay, was only a tenna, plugs into cig lighter, can also be used as hands free kit.

Regards

Andrew

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought a bluetooth fm transmitter off ebay, was only a tenna, plugs into cig lighter, can also be used as hands free kit.

Regards

Andrew
Hi Andrew,

Thank you, i am trying to steer away from the fm transmitter as i used one before and it didn't really work too well.
But thank you for your input :) it is greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nooo don't get one with an FM transmitter, get one with an 3.5mm headphone jack out so you can go into Aux in your arm rest with a short gold plated headphone cable, works a treat and very cheap <£5 and sound quality is good also.

Cable
EXTRA SHORT BETWEEN 10cm to 30cm Stereo 3.5mm Jack to Jack Audio Cable Gold | eBay

Bluetooth Aux adapter
Portable USB 3.5mm AUX Wireless Bluetooth Music AUX Home Audio Receiver Adapter | eBay
So if i were to install the USB/Aux so that it sits in the armrest then get this adapter and gold plated cable then it'll receive my bluetooth from the phone to the car stereo?

·
Living the dream!
8,542 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
So if i were to install the USB/Aux so that it sits in the armrest then get this adapter and gold plated cable then it'll receive my bluetooth from the phone to the car stereo?
Yes basically you use the USB port in the arm rest for power of the bluetooth dongle and link it to the Aux port. The only thing it doesn't do is give you control of the device via steering controls but you pay £££ for that at the moment where as this is just a few pounds for simple solution.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I reckon the best one would be a SCOSCHE Motormouth III. This directly plugs into your aux. You can use this one for handsfree calls as well as playing audio from your mobile phone.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
What would people recommemd for fn2 that dont have aux socket in armrest to allow bluetooth streaming from oem stereo ?

·
Living the dream!
8,542 Posts
What would people recommemd for fn2 that dont have aux socket in armrest to allow bluetooth streaming from oem stereo ?
Got to be honest and say not really a big fan of FM transmitters but I bought this for the CRZ and hard wired it to stream DAB from my mobile to the cars OEM headunit and it works great and so good you would think it was wired

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B010NI8JL0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Got to be worth a try at this price? plus is does not look cheap and nasty like most fm transmitters

There you go

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes basically you use the USB port in the arm rest for power of the bluetooth dongle and link it to the Aux port. The only thing it doesn't do is give you control of the device via steering controls but you pay £££ for that at the moment where as this is just a few pounds for simple solution.
Excellent,

That's great thank you for the advice!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts