2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping any of the clever folk on here could be able to help.

I have a MY12 ex with premium audio. Is it possible to pair 2 phones at the same time?
I have my personal phone that I stream radio through, that's works and sounds fantastically. Also need to take calls from she who must be obeyed but also need to take calls on work phone.
I'm sure I read somewhere that it may be possible but I can't find the info again. :confused:

Any help much appreciated

·
Registered
473 Posts
it is certainly possible to pair 2 phone - I have my work Blackbrry and personal HTC paired. BUT you can only have one connected at one time. It pick up the first bluetooth signal and if you have both phone bluetooth active you can switch between the two manually.

What i do is switch off the bluetooth on my HTC during work hours so only the BB connects.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate, just as I suspected unfortunately :(
Shame really as that would have made everything perfect. Oh will maybe in my next civic.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,255 Posts
Shame Bluetooth can't be a bit more advanced.

My Garmin SatNav has bluetooth that receives the latest traffic via a phone link.

Therefore I have a choice - HFT or Garmin, not both :(

·
Registered
392 Posts
Shame Bluetooth can't be a bit more advanced.

My Garmin SatNav has bluetooth that receives the latest traffic via a phone link.

Therefore I have a choice - HFT or Garmin, not both :(
That's the only sensible way to do it I think. Bluetooth devices are only able to actually connect to one of your paired devices at a time. Two Bluetooth phones therefore need two separate bluetooth head units if both are required to be connected at the same time. That could mean the Honda being one and a Bluetooth enables Sat-Nav or headset or dedicated hands-free unit being another.
Pair one phone to one and the other to the other.

I think you can pair up to six bluetooth devices together but can only connect one pair. As above you can have another [or more] independent pair of devices. So regarding the bold text above, if you had two phones you could connect one to each car device.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,255 Posts
... and 2 phones is my current ploy.

Waiting for Garmin or Honda to introduce 'WiFi Direct' so I can go back to one phone.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I think the Bluetooth consortium need to devise like a new Bluetooth v2 to overcome the current limitations.
Like what was done with USB and USB 2/3 for example.

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,435 Posts
Mine has pioneer unit. when audio put thro on Bluetooth it still warns me it will disconnect me when I make a call via the same Bluetooth. then just puts audio back on once called finished. Admit same phone so just try it. Get one playing audio and have someone call other phone see what happens.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
I have the parrot mk9200 which does have this ability, if a call comes in on the other phone it switches over and then back once call over, if you want to make a call from the other you hold a button and done. It came with my car when i bought it as the stock systems bluetooth broke, is a good system

t

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Guys,Need some advise. Mine car is 1.4 2007 5 door. It does not have a bluetooth option, however if I buy a fm transmitter with bluetooth facility, can I connect my phone to it and get the sounds coming from the speaker.

Thanks

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hi Guys,Need some advise. Mine car is 1.4 2007 5 door. It does not have a bluetooth option, however if I buy a fm transmitter with bluetooth facility, can I connect my phone to it and get the sounds coming from the speaker.

Thanks
Don't use an FM transmitter. They are **** haha.

Try to get an AUX version if you can :)

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I have my iPhone paired and it all works well. I stream music or audio books most of the time.. When I get in the car it just picks up where it left off. If I recieve or make a call, it just pauses the stream. Google maps and other apps will fade the stream if need be (i.e voice directions or alerts).... this even works if you are listening to another source such as radio or cd.. the the phone app routes the audio through the bluetooth/HFT so it cuts in over the cars speakers. The iMID and HU switch instantly switch to call mode, but it looks like you are getting a call from yourself lol. This works great with 'Hey SIRI' when the phone is plugged into power... it just listens to you and your requests.

Only small issue is that it doesn't display album art via bluetooth.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If it's a 2007 car, you may be better getting an aftermarket headunit fitted that has got built-in bluetooth? Something along these lines CDE-W235BT Double Din stereo system with Direct iPod and Android, Blue

You won't see the radio info on the i-Mid, but you should be able to get connectors for the steering wheel controls on that model (someone please correct me if I'm incorrect) and it'll all work a lot neater.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts