2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Have a 9th gen 1.6 dtec EX. Have paired it with several android phones and none of them stay connected when the phone is in the cubby hole next to the handbrake. The only way to get it working is to use a somewhat insecure vent mount just below the hazard button. Other mounts (typically goose neck + suction cup) are no good as the screen is too far from the driver.

I wondered if anyone else had problems with disconnections when it's in the cubby hole. I suspect it's down to the bluetooth aerial located in the light area that isn't really up to the job.
Thoughts ???

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,255 Posts
That shouldn't happen.

My Bluetooth connects to my HTC One from the garage and that's about 10 - 15 yards when I leave the phone in the front bedroom.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Mine pairs when I'm in car and left phone in house which is about 20mtrs apart. I get good strong connection. Think you may need to seek help from honda if it's doing this on several devices sounds like fault on head unit.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,435 Posts
Try wiping phone from cars memory and also car from phones memory. Master reboot phone and start a new pairing.

Sent whilst plotting to take over the world.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
I have an Galaxy S3 that can also be a bit flakey but I use A2DP to a speaker at home and it's ok so an incompatibility between the two?. I have mind mounted securely in a vent mount so it's pretty close.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Honda are currently scratching their heads. The manufacturer of the unit Johnson controls says that if the phone isn't on their compatibility list then you can swivel before they will help.
This is definately something to do with the car's bluetooth not an issue with the phones.
So the moral of this story is don't believe a word of the martketing that state that this car has bluetooth functionality for phone and audio. It doesn't unless your phone is on a short list that they won't give you the URL for til after you've bought the car as it's in the manual !

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Honda are currently scratching their heads. The manufacturer of the unit Johnson controls says that if the phone isn't on their compatibility list then you can swivel before they will help.
This is definately something to do with the car's bluetooth not an issue with the phones.
So the moral of this story is don't believe a word of the martketing that state that this car has bluetooth functionality for phone and audio. It doesn't unless your phone is on a short list that they won't give you the URL for til after you've bought the car as it's in the manual !
I guess your frustrated but as you can see from the responses above, what you say is not strictly true... The Bluetooth works perfectly fine for most of us (in fact better than expected for me, the streaming is great and it even works with FaceTime and Siri... Can't wait for 'hey Siri' in ios8 where I won't even have to touch the phone).

I think you may just have a faulty unit and your dealer is dragging there heals in replacing the unit.

Btw... If you had done a quick google... You would not have had to buy the car to find the url ;)

Honda Handsfree

·
Registered
473 Posts
Mine connect perfectly with both an HTC one s and a blackberry 9720. BB is not on the compatibility list.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It seems the devil is in the detail....
While the current line "official" line from Honda via their dealer is that if it's not on the list it's my problem, in reality, there is more that can/should be done.

Stating the car is bluetooth compatible and can be used with a phone for music and phone calls is just a pointless marketing statment unless it can be applied universally.
So after escalating this to an exec in Honda UK, we are working on doing a bit more testing of what the issue is.
This may involve temporarily swapping out the transmitter unit fitted to the car. The dealer was not prepared to buy one themselves as Honda don't lend parts for testing purposes but we are working on it. The ball is in Honda's court at the moment.

For my part, I have tested one of the phones in question (not on the list) with a different bluetooth receiver and had no problem at all but still had a problem with the car.
I have also cleared the memory and tested one that was on the list and it was fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I believe the 2013cars have a different system from my car, but I had some teething troubles with the bluetooth. Turned out that every time I received a text etc the bluetooth would reset and my phone would ask for permission to share my phone book. The problem was I didn't know it was asking this as I wasn't looking at the phone and when I wasn't replying the connection reset and tried again. The solution was to select 'Do not ask again' when giving the phone permission to share with the car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same problem with my 2010 Honda Civic's entertainment system- I have my iPhone paired with it to play music and it just keeps dropping out all the time... Rubbish! :/

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
My Galaxy S3 (Android 4.4) would drop out a lot....my new Z1 Compact is fine (also Android 4.4).

I have mine in a vent mount, mine however is secure not insecure ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a problem with bluetooth dropping out on a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini on a 2013 Civic. I installed an app called "Bluetooth Keep Alive" and this solved the problem. It works perfectly now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts