2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how the bluetooth handsfree kit works with more than one phone. The salesman said that it "supports" 3 handsets - but didn't seem to know how it would work.

If me and my missus are in the car together - does it pick a "primary" phone to work with - or will it handle both together?

Regards,
Marcus

PS - I'll find out for myself on the 27th when ours finally arrives (after a 3 month wait)

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
Good point, haven't tried but I thought it could pair more than 3, more like 6 I think, could be wrong.

I think when you switch on ignition it will pair with the last phone used.

Working tonight so will have another read of "War and Peace" manual. :D

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
From reading the manual almost cover-to-cover now I think you use the voice command "next phone" and it switches to another one that it can find that's already been paired :)

I'll be trying this out myself when I pair my wife's up tomorrow...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, so you can choose which 'phone for dialling - but what about incoming calls?

Thanks for the answers,
Marcus.

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
You can only have one active at a time, if you want to then use a different phone you have to say "Next"

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
HFT & 2 Handsets

I have got 4 handsets paired to the car, its a pain to remember which one is connected.

With regards to incoming call, I know you can transfer a call to the HFT if you have it on the handset, not sure if you need to answer it on the handset first, which kind of defeats the object. The "transfer" command is quite good if you want to get out of the car and continue the conversation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts