2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Has or does anyone have any problems making calls from there mobile via the hands free ??? I have a nokia N73 and have paired it with no problems, i can receive calls no problem, but if i try to make a call via hands free it try's and then says connecting, but as soon as it it should start to dial it disconnects my blue tooth which is very frustrating.
I cant even use the redial trick, i can make a call on my mobile then transfer to hands free but it is a pain, and however you are speaking too must think I'm a right idiot.
If i un-pair the phone and re-pair it it will then work for a couple of calls, but always goes back to the same saga as above !!!
I have a EX civic with the steering wheel mounted handsfree controls, does anyone have this prob ? or is it my phone ? which i have also upgraded firmware but still same annoying problem.

·
Infidel
54 Posts
Can't say i've ever experienced this issue with my HFT when its paired with my iPhone.

The Mrs has an LG Viewty and that has paired up and dials ok too, so it could well be your phone.

I wonder if other N73 users are having the same problem as you, will have to wait and see if you get any posts from them

·
Registered
81 Posts
jaf,

Have you checked the Honda phone compatibility list to make sure the N73 marries up ok with the Honda hands free? There maybe a conflict!

If you haven't, you can check the list in the wiki (I think)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Civic Type S GT 2.2 D with Sat Nav, rear parking sensors, Blade 18" wheels.
I have had a Sony Ericsson 910i which is great for recieving call, voice activate calls etc but if you try and select from the handset a preiviously dialed number it only goes through the handset and you have to pick it up to speak. I understand that this is how honda have designed it, which is a bit lame as you cannot even bluetooth your phonebook to the system. So unless you have a photographic memory most phones dont actually work on the honda system.
Incedently Honda have updated there site and have recently found that my 910i is now not compatible.

This must be a common fault and explains why people go for a Parrott type system. Im sure Honda could give the dealers an update for our system that fixe's this problem.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I tried dialing out on Millie the other day and it actually understood my commands, but when it tried to connect me it just gave a busy tone and gave up.

I repeated the command again and got a similar response.

.....tried several times more and then gave up.

When I had got home I found that when I dumped my Samsung in my shirt pocket it somehow went to 'Call Log' mode.

I went back usual display, tried again, perfect!

"M.P.'s are not always wrong,
But they are always wrong at the wrong moment!"

·
Civic gone, not forgotten
2,092 Posts
I am having a few issues with my N95 on a non Honda handfree, I hear the Symbian Nokias have a few compatability issues.

·
R - 11859
625 Posts
Iam having problems with my N95 so it must be related to the Nokia

The pairing deletes it's self maybe once a fortnight for some unknown reason. :confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts