2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

just bought a honda civic 2006 ex model and the bluetooth hft facility is password protected and the previous owner does'nt know what it is. Other than going to the main dealer and paying the best part of 100 pounds does anybody have any suggestions.

hope so

thanks

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
i think you maybe able to disconnect the hft model from the car easily in 10mins.
see guides for rickhondr footwell lights, and you removed the side pabel on drivers side, remove plastic underneath unhook hft model and say reconnect 1 hour later and it should be reset, btw i never knew there was a password option on the hft.
I just say Phone setup and it talks you thru it

·
Banned
1,929 Posts
Can you not just unplug the battery for 15 mins?

·
Premium Member
1,237 Posts
i had same problem , dis connecting battery wont help. will need delaer to delete password .

or as someone said try disconnecting the bluetooth module only but cant see that helping TBH

·
Registered
30 Posts
The Bluetooth feature is crap, your money would be better spent on an aftermarket system. Total pain in the arse if you accidently press the phone button whilst listening to a cd, it takes a good 20 seconds for the disc to start playing again. Waste of time navigating even a simple electronic switchboard. I've given up on mine and just use my phone now instead. I had a Parrot one in my EP3 which worked great. Honda's one won't import contacts or stream audio and doesn't understand English that well either. Totally useless as is the voice command. Why would you press a button to talk to your car to change radio stations of adjust heater etc when you can just press that button instead. Very poorly implemented and integrated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Ex was locked out emailed Honda help and they said go back to dealer, did so did, off street visit, sat had coffee and it was done. Was able to enter system and could either chose new code or, in my case, select no code. NO CHARGE

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
The Bluetooth feature is crap, your money would be better spent on an aftermarket system. Total pain in the arse if you accidently press the phone button whilst listening to a cd, it takes a good 20 seconds for the disc to start playing again. Waste of time navigating even a simple electronic switchboard. I've given up on mine and just use my phone now instead. I had a Parrot one in my EP3 which worked great. Honda's one won't import contacts or stream audio and doesn't understand English that well either. Totally useless as is the voice command. Why would you press a button to talk to your car to change radio stations of adjust heater etc when you can just press that button instead. Very poorly implemented and integrated.
mine works great... i simply set all the numbers i use into the cars memory ... and the sat nav isnt bad at all :/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.