2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,

i have just bought a 4 month old type-s gt cdti and as part of the haggling i managed to get the dealer to throw in the ipod cable and the bluetooth kit but im having a bit of problem with both.

the ipod cable keeps going in to double speed mode expecially when coming back off a traffic announcement. i see on here that some people have fixed it by restoring their ipod which i havent tired yet. has anyone elese had any sucess doing anything else?

the second problem is the bluetooth kit is really annoying... the sound for it only comes out of one speaker (passenger front) and it doesnt remember the volume setting you set it to. Its a funny kit though as its not the one with the steering wheel controls but has 3 buttons which run up the pillier by the windscreen. does this normally happen or is there something wrong with it?

any comments or help will be much appreciated :)

thanks,
ieuuk

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
I Cant help you with the I-pod cable, but my car is equipped with the same bluetooth kit as yours.
The setting is working fine with my nokia 6131 (sound going out from the passenger door speaker as your's) and keep the preset volume. Sound is good for me but not so good for the peoples at the other end of the line...
But it dont work correctly with my wife Sony Ericson K700i or not at all with her Blackberry pearl.

For me a Parrot kit is more adapted and efficient than this honda kit. Maybe there is an updated one...

I know it dont help, but it can give you some clues. Keep me informed.

Reactions: ieuuk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey, thanks very much for the info.

Mine definatly doesnt keep the volume setting. Everytime i need to make a call i have to crank the volume up or else i cant hear anything. With my old parrot kit the volume on the parrot used to change the volume on the phone (nokia n81) and this worked really well.

I have emailed the dealer and asked. :)

re: the ipod problem it looks like the restore of my ipod has helped as i had a few traffic reports on the way to work this morning and it didnt go crazy when cutting back.

thanks,
ieuuk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts