2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

anyone enperienced the bluetooth hands free capabilities on one of these? any good? good enough to warrant choosing over a non bluetooth model?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I'm a massive garmin fan but the Bluetooth never really worked well for me. Might have been the phone though...
I usually keep the Bluetooth off now, but do use it on long journeys

Reactions: jcw147

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm a massive garmin fan but the Bluetooth never really worked well for me. Might have been the phone though...
I usually keep the Bluetooth off now, but do use it on long journeys
maybe its not all that good then, someone has told me this, was looking at the garmin versus a similaf tomtom but that didnt have bluetooth, i have found the garmin £30 cheaper than the tomtom online (same price instore) so will just get the garmin one anyway.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
From many hours of being sad and a GPS nut (I have a the moment 6 Garmin GPS units- 3 handheld, 3 in-car) I know that Garmin use the best mapping and have the best displays. Some argue that TomToms have a better interface but I have never used one so can't comment.
Stick to any major brand and you can't really go wrong, they are all much the same now. Some cheaper ones boast gimmicks like 3D building modelling but they often get very poor reviews for being too slow and cumbersome.

·
Registered
49 Posts
hi

anyone enperienced the bluetooth hands free capabilities on one of these? any good? good enough to warrant choosing over a non bluetooth model?
I am having a similar quandary, though I'm tempted to get the Honda BT installed in my 06 as it'll be integrated fully with the stereo.

Unless there's an alternative?

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
It works, but the quality of the sound / volume is not good enough to me. May have improved with the latest models though, mine is a nuvi 360 about 2-3 years old.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts