2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*APOLOGIES. POSTED IN WRONG FORUM. SHOULD BE IN 8th GENERATION*

Hi all

I have an 06 Civic CDTI - EX. I have always been able to pair my phones with no problems, however I have recently bought a new Doogee BL7000 and I am having some issues.

I begin the pairing process as I have for all my other phones:

1. "Phone Setup"
2. "Pair"
3. "Enter a 4 digit code - 1234".
4. Searching for a Bluetooth phone...

At this point I can see the Honda HFT appear on my phone. Normally, for all my other phones, I select this on my phone, I type in the code, then the car says "A new phone has been found..." and it is paired. However, on my new phone, when I select the Honda HFT on my phone, the car makes the "doo-doo" noise and goes back to the radio (sorry, I can't think of a better way to describe the beep!!).

The window does flash up on my phone asking for the code, but when I type it in, the car says "Starting the pairing process from your mobile phone is not allowed". I guess this is because as far as the car is concerned, the pairing process is over.

When the car is searching, if I leave it, I just get 10 minutes of silence before I give up!!.

I don't think its a problem with the phone as I have connected it to many other devices. It is also using the same Bluetooth version as my previous phone, which also happened to be a Doogee.

I appreciate my phone might not be on the compatible list, but this is the third Doogee phone i have tried to pair, the others have been no problem.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Thanks for reading

Donny

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
When the car is searching, if I leave it, I just get 10 minutes of silence before I give up!!.
Have you set the phone to be discoverable whilst you are doing this?

I often find that Bluetooth connections, in whatever context, rely more on persistence than procedure :laugh2:

It may be worth setting the car to search for the phone, and then set the phone to search for the car simultaneously; This usually works for me - You can then initiate it from whichever side; The car would probably work in this case.

Note that my experience here is with the 9th Gen SE+ Navi headunit, and other cars / bluetooth in general

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

Thanks for the quick reply.

The phone is definitely in discovery mode, and does search for the car simultaneously.

It is when i press Honda HFT on the phone, when it drops out.

I shall keep persisting!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts