2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sister in law has recently bought a 63 plate 1.8 Ti special edition. Part of its spec is Bluetooth hands free. I have managed to pair the phone however it is a different system than normal? Doesn't have the HFT nor does the car have the steering wheel.controls behind the wheel. I can't adjust the voice levels nor make calls unless I touch the phone which defeats the purpose! Honda book refers to steering wheel controls etc that doesn't have or don't work - hit the steering wheel radio controls and.obviously changes the radio. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry folks - no pics as yet but will try. No touchscreen or sat navigation. All standard other than the phone button on the dash.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I think your sister's car is without oem bluetooth .You can buy an aux-bluetooth like "kinivo". It is the best, it supports A2dp, stream music and navigation, call answer from button, auto synchronised with smartphone,voice command,usb power etc

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,434 Posts
How do you know you paired the phone with the car?? What displayed. It may be able to Bluetooth music. ?? But hands free telephone possibly not.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi I have the same Ti model as your sister in law.

The Bluetooth hansfree installed in these models is a Corba NSV Bluetooth kit

Bluetooth Handsfree Car Kits | Hand Free Car Kit | NSV A/M Hands-free Kit

These are different to the standard HFT honda version and can only be controlled via the extra button, no info on screen but does cut the radio out when a call comes in and plays music from the phone as well. The controls depend on the phone connected but with my htc one a short press will bring up the voice dialler. There should have been an extra manual included with the rest of the cars manual and service books.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi I have the same Ti model as your sister in law.

The Bluetooth hansfree installed in these models is a Corba NSV Bluetooth kit

Bluetooth Handsfree Car Kits | Hand Free Car Kit | NSV A/M Hands-free Kit

These are different to the standard HFT honda version and can only be controlled via the extra button, no info on screen but does cut the radio out when a call comes in and plays music from the phone as well. The controls depend on the phone connected but with my htc one a short press will bring up the voice dialler. There should have been an extra manual included with the rest of the cars manual and service books.
Thanks Red Dwarf. I know Id' connected as the bluetooth scan on my phone had confirmed I'd connected with the car kit and when I placed a call through my phone it played through the car speakers and cut the radio.

Deejay - will check for an additional booklet - interesting it's a Cobra version! Do you have full sound adjustment? The link you post has a button that can accept/reject and adjust volume? I can't find that button on her car?

·
Registered
48 Posts
[QUOTE

Deejay - will check for an additional booklet - interesting it's a Cobra version! Do you have full sound adjustment? The link you post has a button that can accept/reject and adjust volume? I can't find that button on her car?[/QUOTE]

There are two different button switch options for the Cobra car kit, unfortunately Honda has decided to use the single button one and the Ti, although it makes it more discreet and fits in with the rest of the dashboard.

I've had a look at the manual this morning and the following commands can be done with the single button version

Answer call short press
reject a call press for two seconds and release when you hear one beep
Redial last number press for two seconds and released when you hear one beep
voice dialling short press

During a call
Adjust volume up single press
Adjust volume down double press
transfer call to handset - press for four seconds and release when you hear 2 beeps

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I find it strange that Honda didn't use their own addon kit; i was wondering what that button was (the space that's normally reserved for a starter button) as you had a key in the ignition as well.

http://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/genuine-honda-civic-5-door-hft-bluetooth-kit-rhd-2012-p-1222.html

I had the addon Honda kit up till recently until I decided to go aftermarket HU.

edit: looks like the Cobra kit does A2DP audio bluetooth music streaming whereas the Honda kit doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,434 Posts
Best Bluetooth phone option so far goes to my old ford fiesta. Could alter AC just by talking to car or dial out by saying programmed name. Disappointed when realised had to use touch screen on satnav to call out in Honda. But still love car. Hope it works out. Just be aware that of you upgrade your phone one day car may not recognise it. Had this with fiesta. Apple upgraded and car rejected until I updated software via ford website.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts