2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Just wondering if anyone has had this problem before.
I have just installed some POLKS DBs coaxial speakers in the front with an amp powering them.
I have realised that when calls come in it sounds as though only the tweeters are putting through sound.
It definitely sounds different than it did at stock.
My sound system works perfectly fine otherwise.
Although i kind of wished it sounded nicer and better base =(
Some say it takes time for the speakers to bed in...
Is this true or complete lies =(

Kind regards
Jeff

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Guys,
Just wondering if anyone has had this problem before.
I have just installed some POLKS DBs coaxial speakers in the front with an amp powering them.
I have realised that when calls come in it sounds as though only the tweeters are putting through sound.
It definitely sounds different than it did at stock.
My sound system works perfectly fine otherwise.
Although i kind of wished it sounded nicer and better base =(
Some say it takes time for the speakers to bed in...
Is this true or complete lies =(

Kind regards
Jeff
What amp are you using? Regarding the speakers when in call i don't have issues with that; and yes the speakers will sound nicer after a while just try not to push them too hard for a while.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What amp are you using? Regarding the speakers when in call i don't have issues with that; and yes the speakers will sound nicer after a while just try not to push them too hard for a while.

SO strange.... :'(..
Im using a cadence 125.4 amp can't seem to figure out where it went wrong.. everything is attached.. otherwise the speakers wouldn't work properly?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How did you wire the speakers?

im using this amp which is 80watts rms and the speakers are 100 rms. Is that going ti be a problem??

I used the factory speaker wiring as my speaker inputs through an high level to low level converter. I used an adapter so i wouldn't need to cut into the original speaker wires

Then i wired my speakers using some speaker wire through to the amp.

·
Registered
67 Posts
im using this amp which is 80watts rms and the speakers are 100 rms. Is that going ti be a problem??

I used the factory speaker wiring as my speaker inputs through an high level to low level converter. I used an adapter so i wouldn't need to cut into the original speaker wires

Then i wired my speakers using some speaker wire through to the amp.
I couldn t understand where you got the audio feed from; from the HU? Amp 80w on 100w speakers is ok. Here is how the setup should look like:
1. Hu feeds audio to the amp
2. Amp wires lead to crossovers
3. Crossovers(if they came with the speakerset) split the sound to woofers and tweeters. If you used the same wires as before, both the speaker wires and the tweeter wires meet in the same plug, not a good ideea clfot comp speakers.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I couldn t understand where you got the audio feed from; from the HU? Amp 80w on 100w speakers is ok. Here is how the setup should look like:
1. Hu feeds audio to the amp
2. Amp wires lead to crossovers
3. Crossovers(if they came with the speakerset) split the sound to woofers and tweeters. If you used the same wires as before, both the speaker wires and the tweeter wires meet in the same plug, not a good ideea clfot comp speakers.

Sorry for the late reply.
I got the speaker signal from the ORIGINAL plug that connects to the OEM speakers. I bought an adapter that splits the rectangle plug into two wires. I used that on both doors.
I don't have components just coaxials so i have no crossover :(

If i listen closely theres sound from phone call from tweeter and speaker..
It just doesn't sound as loud as oem ones for some reason..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts