2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Civic has been off the road since March 26th with failure to start even with the AA and a BIG battery. Towed to the supplying dealers. At last the dealer seems to have found a better solution than an electrical fault and now tells me it is to do with the HFT Bluetooth wiring draing the battery...
Am I being fobbed off? How long should it take to fix?
Also I had a hire car for 3 days from AA/Avis which ran out and now same car which Honda PROMISE to pay for. Any other experienced similar and how do Honda pay up? Avis car is a 1.2 65hp Fiat Grande Punto...'nough said. Thanks in advance for any help on this problem which I hope will be sorted soon.
I was on my way to the dealers for the roof/windscreen check when it would not start....GREAT!!! Should be doing spring fuel cap release as well.

·
Kids use a lot of space
806 Posts
Not sure that the Bluetooth should drain the battery to such a level that the car wouldn't run. A Mobile phone lasts for quite a while without needing a recharge.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
St T, as we all know there are a few owners with the battery drain problem. I wonder if this dealer has cracked it? It should be easy to diagnose - leaving the car for a while then pulling fuses one by one. Let's hope he got it right and didn't pull the fuse while the BT was still in it's kind of "on" phase (it will hold onto a phone for a while after you turn the ignition off).

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Continued

They now say it is the control box for the HFT and that is on back order.... Another week..... Very disappointing:(

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still no car.
Off road 3 weeks now.

Had a
1.2 Fiat punto. Avis /AA
1.6 Ford Focus Enterprise/Honda
and at present a
1.8 Vauxhall Vectra... Enterprise/ Honda

Will I buy another Honda at this rate?

This was my first, will it be the last?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
ST,
I have to ask, is it not possible for you to use the car with the HFT disconnected ?. That way you could be sure that this new control module really will fix the problem.

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got it back today after nearly a month.

Will have cost Honda a lot for the hire car.

hope it works OK now.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Hope the problem is finally sorted out. A month is a long time to be without your Civic.... Nice to see Honda in a rush to get their finger out again.:rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts