2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Bluetooth

Phone 
936 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  maverick675 
#1 ·
I was cleaning my 1.8 today as it was terribly filthy, and when hoovering the driver side I saw a wire dangling... came to the conclusion it was a Parrot bluetooth kit when the small control knob/buttons also dropped out from under the steering wheel, all connected and lit up.

I pulled the car apart to discover what I actually had, and came to the conclusion it is a Parrot CK3000, presumably hidden by the dealer when preparing the car for sale. However I have now noticed that the kit does not power down when the car is turned off, it must have been like this since I bought the car nearly two month ago.

Anybody got any experience of this kit in their car? I tried to trace the wires to see if they are connected to the right one (ignition not constant) however trying to see where the wires go is near impossible :worms:

The kit only uses power for the small control box and two LED's, and has obviously been switched on constantly for some time... not sure what impact it really has on my battery, or whether I should be out there disconnecting the kit till its sorted?:facepalm:

#2 ·
Just pulled a ck3100 out of the wifes old car, so there should be orange and red wires going to the control box, they just need to be swapped over, if they havn't hacked the wiring loom to much there are two in line fuse holders you can just swap the caps and that should work. I have had to do this a number of times when refitting to different cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.