2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bluetooth On The Steering Wheel ... ?

Hey all,

As some of you may know im waiting for the delivery of my Fn2 (cant wait) ;)

I was wondering if its possible to add the bluetooth on after taking delivery? or is this something that has to be done at the factory?

Ta [smilie=cheeky-grin:[smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
I find the Honda hft Bluetooth a load of rubbish, in both operation and sound quality. Any body else noticed the microphone is on the left and angled toward the passanger(Right hand drive only), and would advise an after Market solution.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Works fine for me too. Sound quality is OK, and whoever I'm talking to on the other end doesn't have any problems hearing me either.

Not sure if it can be added afterwards though. Might be easier to fit an aftermarket solution.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So is that a no or does no body know:)

·
MY09 Milano CTR Driver
777 Posts
Have a look at a Parrot one too mate... a few people on here have them and have said they are good...

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
Yes it does..............

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I have had a bluetooth kit fitted to my car by my company. My employers want me to stay safe !!!!!!!! Think it is a Nokia but will check. It does not use steering wheel buttons. The microphone is fixed at the mirror and there is a button stuck on next to the gear level which allows you to take and end calls without touchng the phone. Works very well, button also controls volume via stereo speakers.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
HFT works fine? Hum let me see.
Incoming calls, suppose ok.
Outgoing calls, unless you know the number or can be bothered to enter numbers into HFT, no voice dialling! Or stop the car, open phone phonebook, write down number of contact, say number into HFT, resume driving.
Not what I call good.
If I try to make a call from phone call will not transfer to HFT.
I have tried 3 phones, motorola, MDA compact 3, and now iPhone.
I have a £70 wharfdale Bluetooth stereo in my van that runs circles around HFT and has Bluetooth audio support, so don't tell me HFT works fine it doesn't.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Can't say I have ever had a problem with the HFT system except that it NEVER recognises what you say first time round. It's worth a bit of a time investment telling it the numbers you are most likely to dial to get the best from it.

Re. the "bolt on" version, the £350 kit from Honda is pretty good ( have had this installed in my other Civic ) however would suggest you negotiate the price (got mine for £270). It doesn't involve steering wheel buttons however, these are only there if you have the HFT system in the first instance.

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
Buy a parrot handsfree, its the mutts...

·
Registered
19 Posts
2 mics?

I find the Honda hft Bluetooth a load of rubbish, in both operation and sound quality. Any body else noticed the microphone is on the left and angled toward the passanger(Right hand drive only), and would advise an after Market solution.
Hi All,

Got my car on 14th August (couldn't wait till 1st Sept), prior to delivery I had prepared myself to carry out the microphone mod as mentioned elsewhere on this forum, well to my suprise no need, the newer versions appear to have two microphones. Passenger and driver side, everyone I have spoken to via HFT, confirm that he sound quality is crystal clear. The car also understands all the voice commands, can't believe it, its perfect!

Anyone else noticed the two mics?

Regards

R-15655:) THE CAR IS AWESOME

·
MY09 Milano CTR Driver
777 Posts
Buy a parrot handsfree, its the mutts...
That's what I suggested above... have heard they are very very good. Not many people seem to have problems with them at all. I will be looking into one when I get the CTR-GT, just need to read about how it works with 2 phones. Only one connected at a time, however not sure how the address book will work etc...

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
The parrott 3100 is a great system

1 - 20 of 27 Posts