2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

The board isn't working properly.

1. Quoted Posts - selecting a post to quote results in a blank reply box once reply is pressed making quotes impossible to do other than manually ie filling int he quote tags yourself and then copying and pasting from the post on the board by hand.

2. Editing Posts - Posts selected for editing again don't show in the edit box which is blank

3. Deletion - the post deletion option has disappeared

4. Post locking - posts are now time limited and can't be edited after a certain time has expired. This really is an annoying feature and should be turned off.

·
SHOCKD
4,351 Posts
Hi,

1. Quoted Posts - selecting a post to quote results in a blank reply box once reply is pressed making quotes impossible to do other than manually ie filling int he quote tags yourself and then copying and pasting from the post on the board by hand.

2. Editing Posts - Posts selected for editing again don't show in the edit box which is blank

4. Post locking - posts are now time limited and can't be edited after a certain time has expired. This really is an annoying feature and should be turned off.

I've noticed this too but it only happens on certain sub forums.. like I managed to quote this fine but on other threads I cant which is annoying!

And yes the editing post thing brings me up a blank box too so no idea why thats changed

Im sure post locking has always been the case though mate :(

This all might have something to do with the forum being moved to that new company.. Possibly :confused:

·
more torque than the mrs
6,750 Posts
noticed this too,also on a couple of occasions shockwave plugin as stopped working don't know if its connected, seems ok atm though..

·
Super Moderator
21,035 Posts
We do a lot of this type of stuff behind the scenes with the same result recently and I'm convinced it's a recent change to FF but if IE or Chrome, etc is affected then let us know for info.

The answer to editing:

If you get a blank textbox when editing then press the a/A button in the top right corner of the Message area. Then when you press Advanced Edit the text will appear.

·
Premium Member
6,728 Posts
I get this too. Seems to work OK on Tapatalk and on my work PC but not my laptop at home.

I'm presuming it's a Java plugin issue but I'm yet to check for updates on my home laptop.

·
Administrator
1,499 Posts
I've noticed this too but it only happens on certain sub forums.. like I managed to quote this fine but on other threads I cant which is annoying!

And yes the editing post thing brings me up a blank box too so no idea why thats changed

Im sure post locking has always been the case though mate :(

This all might have something to do with the forum being moved to that new company.. Possibly :confused:
What browser are you using? Do you know what sections you have seen this happen? I want to replicate this so I can get to the bottom of the issue.

-Philip

·
Administrator
1,499 Posts
Hi,

We have not made any changes to the site in regards to what you are saying.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Pottsy,

Could be a Firefox compatibility issue then as its just been updated to 32.0.1.

Not sure when it started, pre or post update, but it could have been post.

It's happened to me recently in the Off Topic > Non Civic Chat Section.

Al

1 - 10 of 10 Posts