2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1.6 Diesel Civic 9G
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im after recently buying this 2014 9th gen civic and im looking into getting a body kit onto it. I wish I got the 2015 facelift model because there is far more options. Does anyone have any suggestions or websites where i can get parts to kit it out?

·
i-Vtec
4,320 Posts

·
Registered
1.6 Diesel Civic 9G
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you. By the off chance, would you know if it is possible to fit the 2015 facelift front bumper onto the pre facelift front bumper? as in to replace it completely with the facelift version.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not a definitive answer, but it seems possible comparing stock images of the prefacelift and facelift models. You'd have to change the front headlights and you would have some redundant front sensors in the facelift bumper unless your 2012 model comes with the wiring for it. I believe the facelift model has front and back parking sensors as standard across all models (but i may be wrong!).

·
Registered
28 Posts
It doesn't.

Neither my Sport Navi 1.6 diesel nor my brother's 1.8 "elegance" (the middle trim; probably called something differently in UK) have any parking sensors at all.
That's interesting, the UK sport models have parking sensors. My "SE plus" is probably the equivalent to your brother's elegance model. I guess between different countries, there will be slight variations in features even if named under the same trim model.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've got a 1.6 IDTEC sport model (2016) Facelift and that's got front & rear sensors, along with the rear reverse camera. It's a UK model if that helps, but I'm also surprised that a same model car wouldn't include these across the board? UNLESS the original owner (I'm the second owner) went with an upgrade package when buying - which I know you can do when buying new, and that's why I have these features on mine? Just a thought...

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've got a 1.6 IDTEC sport model (2016) Facelift and that's got front & rear sensors, along with the rear reverse camera.
Heh, strange.
My car came from Italy, and it only has a reverse camera.

FWIW, my brother is the original owner and he bought his car in Croatia.

UNLESS the original owner (I'm the second owner) went with an upgrade package when buying
Hmmm, either that or there are different equipments under the same/similar name for different markets.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Heh, strange.
My car came from Italy, and it only has a reverse camera.

FWIW, my brother is the original owner and he bought his car in Croatia.

Hmmm, either that or there are different equipments under the same/similar name for different markets.
Yes that's a possibility about different markets having slightly different features, but it doesn't make sense to me why Honda would do that? Especially given the countries of the cars we are talking about are all within the same region (Europe).

Maybe you could ask your brother if he remembers any 'add-on' packages being mentioned by the dealer when he originally got the car? Maybe I just got lucky and ended up with a car where the original owner requested these add-ons, and that's why we end up with same model cars with slighly different features? That's my theory anyway. The car market in general is full of sales tricks to try and get the customer to 'upgrade' their car when it's a new model. This could be an example - like having electronic folding mirrors or not, or choosing to add a sat-nav... that sort of thing.

·
Registered
1.6 Diesel Civic 9G
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've got a 1.6 IDTEC sport model (2016) Facelift and that's got front & rear sensors, along with the rear reverse camera. It's a UK model if that helps, but I'm also surprised that a same model car wouldn't include these across the board? UNLESS the original owner (I'm the second owner) went with an upgrade package when buying - which I know you can do when buying new, and that's why I have these features on mine? Just a thought...
Yeah my one has front and rear sensors, the pre facelift and facelift model have them in the same place on the rear bumper but I’m not too sure about the front bumper, I think they’re in a slightly different place because of the design

·
Registered
1.6 Diesel Civic 9G
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
its your car so totally up to you what you do, but if it were mine i'd look at getting some wheels that fill the arches better (size and offset) and get it sat a bit lower first

adding a body kit to something at stock height with little wheels might not look very good IMHO.
Thanks, I was thinking on looking into doing that first, the wheels look a bit too small so I’ll try figure something out

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks, I was thinking on looking into doing that first, the wheels look a bit too small so I’ll try figure something out
I did things a bit backwards - Got a Type R wing -> Body kit -> Lowering springs last. I can confirm that it looks a bit silly until lowered at least. I've still got the 17" wheels on and although I would like to go up to 18" wheels, the lowering seemed to help the overall look enough for me to accept the results so far. If I had the money to do it all up-front and knowing what I do now, wheels and lowering is what I would have done first....

·
Registered
1.6 Diesel Civic 9G
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I did things a bit backwards - Got a Type R wing -> Body kit -> Lowering springs last. I can confirm that it looks a bit silly until lowered at least. I've still got the 17" wheels on and although I would like to go up to 18" wheels, the lowering seemed to help the overall look enough for me to accept the results so far. If I had the money to do it all up-front and knowing what I do now, wheels and lowering is what I would have done first....
okay thank you, very helpful

·
Registered
1.6 Diesel Civic 9G
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
forgot to ask, how do I lower the car? Do i just buy a set of coilovers?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Most common approach is to get a set of Eibach pro springs Eibach Pro-Kit Performance Spring Kit E10-40-011-09-22 | Eibach Suspension | EibachShop
The link above is for the 1.4 or 1.8 petrol models. There is a different set if you are running the 1.6 Diesel.

If you want to enhance handling - you can purchase the Bilstein B12 kit which includes the Eibach springs as a package. I have done this and it does transform the car. Handling and stability in corners is on point.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was browsing for some parts for the civic when I came across the interesting front bumper for the pre-facelift. It also has a rear diffuser mod i've seen for the tourer. Maybe something to consider?

Maybe my eyes are just playing tricks on me, but it doesnt look like any other prefacelift model I've seen around!

·
Registered
1.6 Diesel Civic 9G
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks! It looks great, I think I’ve seen it before somewhere, looks sort of similar to the concept car or something. I’d bet it’s custom made

·
Registered
114 Posts
I was browsing for some parts for the civic when I came across the interesting front bumper for the pre-facelift. It also has a rear diffuser mod i've seen for the tourer. Maybe something to consider?
View attachment 313948

View attachment 313947
Maybe my eyes are just playing tricks on me, but it doesnt look like any other prefacelift model I've seen around!

That's pretty cool! I've never seen one like that either. I used to have a Pre-Facelift Ti model before getting my current Facelift model - and when looking for mods for the old car I never came across that. Has to be custom made....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts