2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1.6 Diesel Civic 9G
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
got the alloys sorted today also did a bit of interior work. Next job is the springs, anyone have any idea how much fitting new springs should cost?

·
Registered
134 Posts
My Eibach springs cost me about £185 from Ebay (E10-40-011-11-22) back last year. I was too scared to fit myself though, so I then paid extra for my local garage to fit them. My advice is to look around for a bit before jumping in with an order. I seem to remember mine were the best price / delivery ratio. I could have got a bit cheaper, but I just didn't trust some of the sellers - or there was a long wait on delivery which I wasn't keen on.

·
Registered
1.6 Diesel Civic 9G
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
rears are very easy, do those yourself and save some money. one bolt each side. fronts i'd be paying someone. i'd have thought 250 quid ish would be ball park? 3-4 hrs at 60 quid an hr? don't forget you'll need alignment after fitting.
Yes I’m getting them done right now from a mechanic I know, he’s only charging me €100 for the lot so that’s handy

·
Registered
1.6 Diesel Civic 9G
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Does anyone know if you can make the turbo in the car have a louder blow off sound? I heard that you can remove one pipe and it doesn’t damage anything it’s just for the compressed air to escape. Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
1.6 Diesel Civic 9G
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
hey man, where did you get the the spoiler for your honda, was it too hard to install because it is a prefacelift model?
I got it from coxmotorparts, it wasn’t too hard to install. Had to drill 4 holes in total. You would need a facelifts rear lights though unless you want to do a diy job of sawing off the top bit on the reverse lights

Those wheels look ok - not dissimilar to my winters. Why are your fog lights yellow?
I just like the yellow fog lights look

·
Registered
134 Posts
Cox motorparts are great - I also got my wing from there. There's even a disclaimer on the part that people use them for the standard 9g civic and you can choose the colour. The only thing that caught me out was the part doesn't come with any fitting bolts, so I had to source some myself and drill some extra holes (standard 9g spoiler lip uses 2 bolts - type-r wing uses 4 bolts).

·
Registered
2014 Civic 1.6 I-DTEC Sport
2 Posts
Has anyone gotten this front lip from eBay? Can they explain what it’s like?
Have scrapped life out of the bumper, kills me to look at my it. Was hoping this would match the black trim on the wheel arches, and when I scrape this instead of the bumper, because I know I’ll do it again, I can just buff it out!
Heres a start. A lot cheaper than Honda.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello to everyone, I"m new here, so I would like to ask you few questions. I have Civic from 2012 (2.2 diesel) and I wanna do full transformation, from body kit of restyling to chip tuning, and name I often use is that I want to make baby Type R project (because Civic Type R FN2 has 201hp, so that is my target mark). I know what to do, but the thing I'm most confused is switching my tyres from 17" to 18". I know that I need to buy conversion kit like you mentioned before, but I'm interested will I lose my comfort. To be honest, I like the feeling driving it now, its good in corners, but still comfy when passing over speed bump or on bumpy road. I dont want to stop to 3 km/h to cross over speed bump because my car will destroy front bumper, if you understand me. But at the same time, I dont like the way it look from the outside. Can someone tell me, will I lose that with seting up larger rims and lowering the car ? Those are the rims I wanna buy JR-Wheels JR18 Wheels Gloss Black Machined 18 Inch 7.5J ET40 5x112/114.3. Please answer me, you can save me money and time, thanks.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Hi, best way would be for you to borrow 18 wheels to drive around to see for yourself. Or test drive other civic as higher spec mk9 came with 18's as standard.
As for springs, had mine done few months now and it feels much firmer than original one (i'm on standart 17's wheels). But looks good 😁 do get a scrape on underside on some speedbumps which can be anoying. Over time got used to new ride and slowly starting to like it more and more.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Alright, I've gonna do that if I had a chance to test another Civic, thanks. But do you know will thr 18" wheels fit the factory set up without coilovers ( because theoreticaly, if they are goint to fit in, maybe I dont need to lower the car and I will save comfort in driving ) ? Can someone send me picture what have you done with your Civic ?

21 - 40 of 42 Posts