2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahhhhh darn it & fiddlesticks I was heard to exclaim after rubbing my lovely car along a pebbledashed wall...or words to that effect...!

I have managed to neatly strip about 2-3 square inches of paint off on the offside rear wheelarch, just across the join between the rear panel & the bumper. *sob*

Local garage with a decent reputation have quoted £300 to spray the bumper & rear panel. Is this a good price? Anyone else have any similar experiences & would like to offer any advice? All gratefully received!!

Also if anyone wants to recommend a bodyshop/garage in Barnsley, Sheffield or Bangor (Wales) areas please shout out.

One other thing, that's not including the wheel arch trim. How much will one of those babies set me back??

Many thanks in advance, OP.

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
£300 sounds cheap to reasonable, there are places that will charge more. I would suggest reviewing their work on other cars before proceeding to get anything done to yours.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. Just had a second quote for £300 so seems about right. Will try one more place tonight then cash in some savings :(

·
more torque than the mrs
6,758 Posts
sound very good price if the garage as a good reputation, usually though with metalics they spray the rear door aswell to blend it all in, just had mine done after lorry pushed my rear quarter panel in, my bumper,rear quarter and rear door and plastic wheel arch was all fixed for £753 saying that it cost me £50 excess to my insurance as ive protected my no claims good luck with yours .

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers. Ended up buying the trim from Honda for £46.69 and a friend of a friend is addressing the paint for £150! Very pleased with that. Just hope it's a good job now!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Car's back. Looks great! I highly recommend Dearne Bodywork in Wath-Upon-Dearne, near Rotherham.

Thanks to everyone who took an interest in this thread and especially to those who replied.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts