2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

281 - 291 of 291 Posts

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Please leave your feedback after few hundred miles - I'm stuck between PBS and DS2500. PBS squeal putting me off, but performance is better.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #282
Please leave your feedback after few hundred miles - I'm stuck between PBS and DS2500. PBS squeal putting me off, but performance is better.
Will do, it was a toss up between the DS and PBS. After a lot of reading I came to the conclusion most think the C-Hook and PBS combo was better. I'll see, may try DS when the PBS need replacing if not happy with the performance of them or they squeal too much.

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
Any update on the brake pads, mate? Can't decide between ds2500, ds3000 and pbs. Or maybe project mu hc800 or pagid rsl29...
if it helps I've been using DS2500's for years in spoon callipers work very well cold for day to day driving.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
@ghost_bhp Yeah, just ordered a set couple of hours ago. Looks to be a bit better performance than oem and quiet.
Would you say they make lots of dust? I gave a grey wheels, so should be too bad anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #286
Any update on the brake pads, mate? Can't decide between ds2500, ds3000 and pbs. Or maybe project mu hc800 or pagid rsl29...
Apologies for the late reply, but not really had chance to test them as not driven the car very far for a couple of weeks. Initial thoughts are they are better than OE, not tested them though.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #287 (Edited)
Quick Update

All the calipers and discs are now fitted to the car, feels better but haven't had much chance to test the brakes in anger yet as still bedding them in.

I have also relocated the Intake Air Temperature sensor from the air box side of the supercharger to after the charger and just before the inlet plenum, this now gives a more accurate intake air temperature for the ecu to calculate the FA
Because I'm a firm believer in all the little gains build to one big one, I also used the gold reflective tape on the intake pipes and engine side of the inter-cooler to hopefully help with cooler intake temps.

I've also fitted a Walbro 255 fuel pump, all of which seems to have made the car run smoother, including the V-tec crosser being smoother and not so aggressive now.

Next on the list is better tyres, most likely PS4's, engine mount inserts, will be looking into changing the Gruppe-M to a Skunk2 intake when funds allow, a more free-flow but quiet exhaust (again when funds allow) and better injectors to the RC750's in atm. Then it will be back for calibrating the map for the changes.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #289
Th
Nice wrapping!
Thanks, you wouldn't believe how much of a pain it is to do right. The Mrs did the smaller pipe which I think looks the best :)

281 - 291 of 291 Posts