2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

301 - 320 of 339 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Iirc the limit for stock internals is around 300 ftIbs with the rods and head (valve springs) being the weak link. The tune also matters as any big surge of torque can be more harmful than a linear torque curve.
Can't remember where i read that though, someone correct me if im wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #304
Ahhh, yeah that rings a bell re the Piper cat as its pretty short. You could always decat it and throw the piper cat on just at mot time :)

What the expected bhp figures with a manifold and/or exhaust on yours?
mmm, tempting lol.
With the right system and few other mods and a smaller pulley I know someone with 403 BHP. I think realistically for me 375.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #305
What mpg do you get Bonesey?
Iirc the limit for stock internals is around 300 ftIbs with the rods and head (valve springs) being the weak link. The tune also matters as any big surge of torque can be more harmful than a linear torque curve.
Can't remember where i read that though, someone correct me if im wrong.
yeah, 400 BHP and 300 lb torque on stock internals is all you ca do safely. The good thing about the rotrex is that it is linear torque unlike a turbo

What mpg do you get Bonesey?
not much different to NA if not going mad (hard not too though lol), 24-26 around town and a 70 mph cruiseon the motorwatpy mid 30’s. It’s a different story when having a play.

Reactions: iMZee and Mugen_fd2

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #307
Fitted a Toda Catback Saturday, thanks to the guys at Honda HQ. I gave in on wanting quietness as it felt it was restricting the supercharger. Sounds nice, not too loud and has freed the car up a bit.
Just need to fit new DW injectors and get it mapped again now.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #309
Proper stuff - expensive thought.
Got the Toda second hand at reasonable price. Took opportunity while I could and while one was available.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #311
Nice, £1400 new!
Yup :eek: but mine is second hand (possibly, 3rd, 4th, 5th) at over half that price (y) Sounds lovely. :p

Reactions: Mugen_fd2

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #312
Thanks to M8TJT (y) the 1st post has now been updated with the current list of Mods.

Reactions: M8TJT

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #314
So this year seems to be the year of giving in to reality and facing facts that quiet and pretty don't provide power.

Following on from having the Toda Catback fitted, I have now purchased a CPL Large Bore CAI. Doesn't look as nice a the Gruppe M but every corner I turn I get told the Gruppe M is the restriction on the intake side, so it's going to have to go :-(
Will post pics when it arrives, when fitting and it's fitted.
So if anyone is interested in a Gruppe M kit with 2 air filters, get in touch.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #316

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #317
@Bones126 do you have any numbers after installing SC, like 0-60, 402m, 100-200 with dragy or racelogic?
Also need to sort the front tyres out first, better traction would help with figures.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #318
Final piece (I think) of the jigsaw to go on, CPL large bore CAI.
Will have to buy a reducer to ft my OE TB, will look at a larger TB when I understand the issues with them more.

Will hopefully Start stripping it down again this weekend to fit the new plenum, injectors and CAI.
Then I’m booked into EFI the end of March for map check and tune. Just need to decide if I’m going from 110 pulley to 105 to add a little more boost, but that risks over spinning the charger.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #320
Me too, but all usually NA.. there has to be a benefit and I’m a fan of all the little gains add up rather than dismissing them because they are small.

301 - 320 of 339 Posts