2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

321 - 339 of 339 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #321
Update

Due to the weather I'm making slow but sure progress, I have everything I need now to start to rebuild the car and have the charger and GruppeM already off the car.

I've fitted the new plenum front and fitted the new injectors so that can all go on in one fit now, the new front means the injector connectors can go underneath the fuel rail and hide the cabling away for a cleaner look
I noticed that the Skunk2 thermal gasket had a imprint where the ports sit on both side, the imprint and measuring up revealed that the gasket actually sits approx 2-3 mm inside the port flow which must have some sort of restriction, so working on my "all the little things add up" I have sort of port matched the gasket so the flow from the plenum to the head is equal.

Also on a plus, the new intake means I can fit the charger oil canister lower in the engine bay so that the filler cap is lower than the charger shaft which is where it should be to prevent oil leaks from the front seal.

I've also purchased some fog lamp scoops to help get some more cold air around the CPL intake filter which will be situated in that area.

Some pics for now, the only thing I'm not happy with is that I didn't notice the score marks on the edge of the plenum and have fitted it now so CBA to send it back for tidying. Also, think I'll have to get a nice composite fuel rail at some point. That can be the next wave of improvements along with a bigger TB, traction control and manifold. 400 bhp is possible with this kit, I'll get there one day :) Traction first though next.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #323
It become your magic number you chasing, like 250 horses in N/A application. :D
:unsure: Maybe :whistle:
Involves taking some risks with over spinning the charger a bit so need to consider that. But having a spare helps ;)

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #325
i would like to supercharge my 1.8, any idea how much work its going to be from your experience
Cheers
If you can find a second hand kit you may get up and running for around 2.5-3k dependant on if you have the tuning management system already i.e. flashpro. then there are supporting mods that help but not 100% necessary. I would pay extra for an intercooled kit or to fit one though.
Then you will benefit from a good CAI, sports cat or de-cat, cat-back etc and and LSD I would also say is a must too. with that lot added you now looking at 4-5 unless you're lucky and get things really cheap second hand.

Let us know if you need any help with anything if you start looking at it.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #326 (Edited)
Took the Car back to Chris at EFI parts on Saturday for tuning following the recent work, good result in an extra 32 BHP and and extra 21 Lb torque. Car drives real well now so can think about leaving alone for a while now. Decided to stay with the 110mm pulley but discussed the possibilities with a 105, so something to think about for a later date.

Car now at 362.4 BHP & 234.3 lb Torque , good news is the repaired charger is still making 14 psi on the 110 pulley too.

Few pics and probably last update for a while due to current COVID-19 circumstances with job un-certainties, fingers crossed I get to keep it :-/

Few pics for you.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Very nice numbers!
I've heard many positive reviews of EFI - considering him together with Paul West and Jesse Halford for future Ecutec remap, but not sure who will be the best. Paul, as I understand, has more experience among other guys?

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #328
Very nice numbers!
I've heard many positive reviews of EFI - considering him together with Paul West and Jesse Halford for future Ecutec remap, but not sure who will be the best. Paul, as I understand, has more experience among other guys?
I think Paul has more experience with ecutec, and he has mapped my car (very well) on Flashpro when it was NA.
Chris at EFI is very very good though!

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
Nice result.
Seriously though, I know you won't be at full chat all the time but how long do you expect the engine to last versus a standard one?

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #331
Than what made you go to EFI and not stayed with Paul?
The guys at Honda HQ who I have do work I cant or don't want to do all use EFI, they are all supercharged and had very good results. Plus it was getting an appointment to suit with Paul. EFI also let you see the car being tuned, Paul sticks you in a waiting room where you can't see your car.

Nice result.
Seriously though, I know you won't be at full chat all the time but how long do you expect the engine to last versus a standard one?
Standard K20 engine is supposed to be good standard up to 400 bhp, many quote this figure. So should be OK as long as well maintained. plus with it being a charger the torque levels are not ridiculously high like with a turbo so this will help too.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #333

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #335
What’s your th
All good! Enjoying turbo life haha. Trying to sell my rotrex kit but it's taking forever
whats your thoughts between the 2 now having experienced both?
What is yours putting out with the turbo? And what kit did you have?
Sorry for all the questions, cheers

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
I got the TDI north turbo kit. It's 3 power settings, 330bhp for street driving then 360 bhp and 400bhp for track. It's all powered through the ECUtek app.

The car is a lot faster with less peak power compared to the supercharger and a quieter. The traction control is good as well.

I'm glad I've tried it all now. Turbo will be for me going forward on other cars as well.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
I got the TDI north turbo kit. It's 3 power settings, 330bhp for street driving then 360 bhp and 400bhp for track. It's all powered through the ECUtek app.

The car is a lot faster with less peak power compared to the supercharger and a quieter. The traction control is good as well.

I'm glad I've tried it all now. Turbo will be for me going forward on other cars as well.
Jordan Robertson had his car boosted to 400bhp, but it caught fire on track. What was the price difference between turbo and charger set up in your case?

321 - 339 of 339 Posts