2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

141 - 160 of 279 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Lsd

OE Champ White LSD now fitted thanks to Honda HQ in Cannock.

Next weekend, weather permitting, I’m going to fit the race rad, intercooler, oil cooler and oil cooler pipework and oil tank.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #142 (Edited)
Highflow Cat

Next peace of the jigsaw for the quiet build, 200 cel highflow cat to replace the standard one. Direct replacement fit. In the future possibly a Feels manifold that will fit direct to it.

Looking into the cat I believe it’s made by Redback in Sweden. I contacted Scorpion who produce the finished item and they confirmed it is good for use with an supercharger.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Where did you get it & how much?
Would this do for a replacement on totally standard set up?
I got it from Demon Tweeks who are the cheapest at the moment (still not cheap though at £529) and yes you can use it with a standard system but. Will require a remap though so a flashpro will be required too so your looking at a grand + for the lot and I’m not sure how much you would gain.
I’ve gone with it because I’m charging and the cat is the most restrictive bit of the system probably wouldn’t hold up to it either.

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
You should have said bones, I have a 200cel cat sitting in my loft, n it's like new! could have had someone make up the pipework foe alot less, as its the CAT that costs!
I brought it yonks ago for a project I was working on, but never used it.. it has a Honda flange, but not sure what it came off.. told it was a custom job

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
You should have said bones, I have a 200cel cat sitting in my loft, n it's like new! could have had someone make up the pipework foe alot less, as its the CAT that costs!
I brought it yonks ago for a project I was working on, but never used it.. it has a Honda flange, but not sure what it came off.. told it was a custom job
Never mind mate, will keep it in mind though in case I blow this one to peace’s.
I did think about a custom build but then took the easy route and bought the scorpion. Plus they confirmed it would be ok to use with a supercharger which was peace of mind.
Cheers.

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
I got it from Demon Tweeks who are the cheapest at the moment (still not cheap though at £529) and yes you can use it with a standard system but. Will require a remap though so a flashpro will be required too so your looking at a grand + for the lot and I’m not sure how much you would gain.
I’ve gone with it because I’m charging and the cat is the most restrictive bit of the system probably wouldn’t hold up to it either.
Cheers
I was just thinking it might be a lot cheaper than a Honda one if I ever find the original dying on me.

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #148 (Edited)
Cheers
I was just thinking it might be a lot cheaper than a Honda one if I ever find the original dying on me.
Massively cheaper that an OE one. £2500 for a Honda one !!

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
I'll give you a tenner for it :wink3:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I see you have the Ramair intake pipe, does it make any difference to power or noise? I like the look of them but haven't seen anyone with one fitted

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
I see you have the Ramair intake pipe, does it make any difference to power or noise? I like the look of them but haven't seen anyone with one fitted
I think it's purely cosmetic to be honest, not noticed any difference apart from it looking neater.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Just a polite and friendly warning. Be careful with aftermarket sport cats on supercharged cars. I used to have a R53 mini and they were similar to the FN2 in having the cat in the manifold and saw countless sport cats either fail an MOT after a few month or collapse and cook the exhaust valves. And of course these were designed for a supercharged car in the first place often only running 50-70hp more than standard. The standard 400 cell cat was far more robust.

Not saying this will happen to you or you haven’t bought a quality part but if it were me I’d have a boost gauge that would show the increase in back pressure as increased boost as a safety net.

Thinking about charging my FN2 so watching your build with interest!

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Cheers @Another_james , yeah, this is my concern too which is why I though I'd get it in writing for Scorpion that it is suitable for a supercharged car and quoted up to 350 bhp. Thanks for the info and the recommendation, I will look into getting a boost gauge fitted as a safeguard. The MOT thing is not a worry really as I can just put the old one back on if it fails, will fit it with new bolts etc.

Thanks for the input, much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Supersport Upgrade Kit

Just unpackaged the TTS Supersport upgrade kit, looks good quality and a nice bit of kit.
Consists of a race rad, intercooler, additional pipework and MAF sensor.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #158

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Just unpackaged the TTS Supersport upgrade kit, looks good quality and a nice bit of kit.
Consists of a race rad, intercooler, additional pipework and MAF sensor.
MAF sensor? Air pressure sensor that sits in the pipe was the first thing that failed on mine on a drive home from tdi

2016 Audi A3 1.6tdi SE Technik

2007 Supercharged 365bhp Civic Type R*

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
MAF sensor? Air pressure sensor that sits in the pipe was the first thing that failed on mine on a drive home from tdi

2016 Audi A3 1.6tdi SE Technik

2007 Supercharged 365bhp Civic Type R*
Sorry, 4 bar MAP Ssensor, if that’s different? I’ll be using Flashpro and not ecutek.

141 - 160 of 279 Posts