2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Wouldn't you still see the stonechips ?
The OP noted that he is planning on respraying the bonnet. The bra/transparent protectors are to protect his new paint.

OP, the bra would look nice if it didn't have those stretch marks. Out of the 2 I would go with the transparent protectors.

However, I'm about the get my front end resprayed due to chips! (front bumper, bonnet and fenders). I'm not sure if I should do the rear bumper lip section due to the factory orange peel or not though. I have spoken to the sprayer about the strength of the new paint as none of my other cars (which includes 2 other Hondas - A DC2 Integra and a GD Jazz/Fit) have so many chips etc. I would prefer no protection to cover my new paint. He told me it will be much stronger than the factory paint. So I'm actually not going to cover it up at all and hope that it's as strong as my other cars.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
ive got a nhb type s which is covered in stonechips due to alot of motorway driving. thinking about getting it resprayed and getting one of these bras to try and prolong the new paint.

only thing is i cant decide whether i like it or not :/

so opinions please

Custom Bonnet Bra For Honda civic h/b 2007-2008 | eBay

thanks
sam
Looks terrible :facepalm4:

If it bothers you that much I'd go for full bonnet wrap... IMO

·
Registered
104 Posts
i did like the carbon wrapped bonnets but im finding there is alot of people doing nowadays plus there is a corsa round the corner with a carbon wrapped bonne.t i dont have the bra on all the time.dunno its just down to personal opion i wouldnt say it improves the look of the car i would say it just sticks out that litlle bit more

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The OP noted that he is planning on respraying the bonnet. The bra/transparent protectors are to protect his new paint.

OP, the bra would look nice if it didn't have those stretch marks. Out of the 2 I would go with the transparent protectors.

However, I'm about the get my front end resprayed due to chips! (front bumper, bonnet and fenders). I'm not sure if I should do the rear bumper lip section due to the factory orange peel or not though. I have spoken to the sprayer about the strength of the new paint as none of my other cars (which includes 2 other Hondas - A DC2 Integra and a GD Jazz/Fit) have so many chips etc. I would prefer no protection to cover my new paint. He told me it will be much stronger than the factory paint. So I'm actually not going to cover it up at all and hope that it's as strong as my other cars.
u mentioned the paint is going to be stronger than standard? is it any special type of paint or is it because the civic paint is weak?

crowmar kirkliss ill have a look now

thanks

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
I have said this before but will say it again... Bra's are for tits not cars
lol. [smilie=giggle.gif][smilie=giggle.gif][smilie=giggle.gif][smilie=giggle.gif][smilie=giggle.gif]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.