2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not normally one to get involved in forums I must say this one is like a breath of fresh air and so useful. This is my first post and concerns a problem with the bonnet catch which sounds kind of similar to the fuel cap problem.

On receipt of the car - a 1.8 SE (Cosmic Grey) with no extras - back in April I discovered I could not open the bonnet in mid-May. At this point I must say that the reason I needed to open the bonnet was because the spray painter thought the colour code might be under there. Why did it need spraying you ask? I reversed into my gate post on a wet morning after a night of no sleep and a stinking cold. What was that about visibility out the back?!

Anyway back to the bonnet. The cable was not hooked up to the flap in the cockpit. So I booked it into the dealer and after a couple of visits they managed to fix the problem. Or so I thought. A day later the bonnet opened but would not close again. So a guy from the dealer came out and fixed it with a trusty big screw driver! The second part of the problem is down to too much tension in the spring that opens the bonnet.

Moving away from the bonnet the reason I came across this forum is because of a problem with the rear shock absorbers. Thank goodness for this forum as without it I would never have known what the noise was every time I reverse out of the drive. So I was on the phone to the dealer first thing and they said there had been a recall - news to me. Booked in next week so I'll update that thread once fixed (or not).

All said the Civic is a great car and I would never go back to the VW Golf which I had for years before.

·
Kids use a lot of space
806 Posts
At this point I must say that the reason I needed to open the bonnet was because the spray painter thought the colour code might be under there.
The paint code is stamped on a silver plate riveted to the body easily spotted when the passenger door is open. (in the UK anyway:) ).
I guess it's on the same left hand side position for European cards.

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,171 Posts
bet you wished you had the parking sensors fitted? the rear visability is poor, thats why i opted for these instead of the camera, as i was not that impressed with it in the day light, so at night it must be useless. it would be all to easy to be looking at the display and not at the mirrors and end up scraping the side, then that would be a bad day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts