2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the bonnet replaced from accident about 3 years ago, and recently noticed that pimples(pinhead size) have appeared predomantly at the edges.I tried to clean the area - but they appear to be a paint defect.There is not a problem with the rest of car - can only put it down to the repair work done(central motors grantham),I can hardly complain now after this length of time,but interested if anyone else as had similar problem - will obviously contact linc honda for the comments!

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Check what length of guarantee you got from the bodyshop, most are at least 3 years if carrying out insurance work so you could maybe still get it done foc.

There's a chance that it could be problems with the water based paint and water has crept under the lacquer, I know Sikkens have had this problem with their paint over the last couple of years.

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Post some photo's mate you might be lucky and its just a spot in the lacquer that can be removed with a wet sand and good mopping.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for response,went to local car clinic for advice - they think it was contaminated with water when it was sprayed, and will only get worse - possibly £450 to repair, time to get rid soon I think!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts