2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

After washing my car at the weekend i noticed a large chip in the centre of the Bonnet along with the usual little marks. As this a know issue with paint on Civic's does anyone have a ruff price range for having the bonnet reprayed?

Regards

Neil.

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
Depends.. most proper places do £150-200 per panel - the bonnet being one panel'll likely set you back that much IMO.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends.. most proper places do £150-200 per panel - the bonnet being one panel'll likely set you back that much IMO.

Thanks mate, service is due some so I may get a quote from Startins in Worcester they did A1 job on my passenger side door after some used it as a breaking aide.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
I was quoted £260 plus VAT for a full bonnet respray from Springfield Honda, the HQ of car prepping and official Honda repair work. They also said it'll preserve the 5 year paint corrosion guarantee on the car. Other 'back alley' body shops have quoted as little as £70, but would you trust Mr Hobbit with a sooty face and and his dulux paint pots? I wouldn't!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was quoted £260 plus VAT for a full bonnet respray from Springfield Honda, the HQ of car prepping and official Honda repair work. They also said it'll preserve the 5 year paint corrosion guarantee on the car. Other 'back alley' body shops have quoted as little as £70, but would you trust Mr Hobbit with a sooty face and and his dulux paint pots? I wouldn't!

Thats why I was going to go via the dealer, I like my warranty!

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
hello

after washing my car at the weekend i noticed a large chip in the centre of the bonnet along with the usual little marks. As this a know issue with paint on civic's does anyone have a ruff price range for having the bonnet reprayed?

Regards

neil.
i've just had mine done under warranty 59 plate type s gt 12 days old and around 9 stone chips on bonnet got it back yestrday and hey it looks new again now, go for a warranty claim first before you start forking your own hard earnt cash out or even ask them to go halves with you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts