2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well guys, I've been abit busy this afty, I finally got around to fitting my engine mounts, I can say they are hard to do, the front mount was the hardest to get to but nothing to panic about.

First impression's, there shiney :)

I've only has a short run out, the first thing noticed is the sound and vibrations, the car feels very raw and you can almost hear everything spinning through the chassis, especially the charger. Its like the old days when you stick a screwdriver in your ear to listen to the tappets. I'm sure there is some special word for transfer of sound through vibration ! (relic)

The front of the car feels so much stiffer and responsive although I know its just the lack of engine movement giving this effect.

Gear change :) what a difference, straight in every time and a much better feel to the gearbox.

The wife isn't to keen on the new feel and noise but hey ho you cant please everyone.

Will I keep them on ??,,,,,, not to sure yet, they will be excellent for track use but everyday I'm not to sure.
I have got a plan "B" I have packed out my old mounts, Ill give them a couple of weeks to cure and the new mounts to bed in a little,
Unless the car sells of course !

So there it is mounts fitted :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
You have been busy!

Dont know why but I imagined changing the mounts to be a massive job.

Do you think for a daily drive the mounts are too harsh?

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have been busy!

Dont know why but I imagined changing the mounts to be a massive job.

Do you think for a daily drive the mounts are too harsh?
Its not a big job, just bit of a pain doing it off the garage floor with old trolley jack, axle stands and 3 year old daughter wipping my gear.

Umm they are quite harsh, at low revs they are worse, when it gets going not bad at all.

Ill have to get you in it Dave !

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
Hey Terry you've finally fitted those devils!:)

Set idle to 950rpm for a start and you'll see much difference but when cruising on the highway it's nightmare!:facepalm:

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
6,562 Posts
Haha coste1 you were in and out before I came home and she was still asleep, good job stud;) Terry you rum old dog. Heheh it's nice to know there is someone who can hold up the fort whilst I'm away. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Terry you've finally fitted those devils!:)

Set idle to 950rpm for a start and you'll see much difference but when cruising on the highway it's nightmare!:facepalm:
Thanks Alex, yeah, low revs seems worst, I have had it up by 70mph and its not to bad, I hear they do get abit better. Only one way to find out :)

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
Thanks Alex, yeah, low revs seems worst, I have had it up by 70mph and its not to bad, I hear they do get abit better. Only one way to find out :)
not so hard when driving on a daily basis around town but keeping a steady speed lets say 70-80 mph cruising on the highway for a long time was something very difficult to deal with!:crazy2:

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
Its ok Terry- mine bedded in after a few hundred miles..or maybe i just got use to it..

I've taken them off now and the gearchanges feels wierd now lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts