2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
NHB Type R ep3
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a few pics of My Nighthawk Black Civic Type :typer: Inc a few mods on the way and already have arrived or on there way ......already had her 2 weeks she came lowered 60mm on and running Hids and debadged and de wipered rear end, since owning replaced rear type R badge

Garage website images

My images parked next to my MG ZS

Stuff I've brought

And for further updates watch this space for more pics :)

·
NHB Type R ep3
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hiya bud yeah I've already got my eye on a performance exhaust backbox to start, carbon fibre spark plug cover and inlet manifold cover, Spoon socks, and repainting the Rocker cover either Spoon Yellow or a blue like the oil cap in the pic above or getting another Rocker cover and getting it hydro dipped carbon and a induction Kit :eek:
And also nearly forgot to say ordering some new gel badges from Thorpy on here on Wednesday :)

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
I agree with JP looks really cool, I also think the EP3 still has lots of character especially in Nighthawk Black and I quite like the silver EP3's too;) but the Silver can sometimes be a bit of a pain when you come to touch up the stone chips.
Look forward to more progress soon boon65, Well done[smilie=ebil-thumbu:

·
NHB Type R ep3
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks she does look pretty cool when polished up, must admit the ride is quite hard being lowered which I'm hoping to change in the next few months and put coilovers on her and hopefully should improve the ride a little, but keep an eye on some updates over the next few months, I also intend on improving the look of the centre console either having it wrapped or hydro dipped and replacing with original stereo with a jvc MP3/Bluetooth/cd /DVD stereo with upgraded speakers using BassFace 300 watt white component speakers and 1200watt Fli Sub so big improvements on the way :D

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
looks great mate! can get a good EP3 for a pittance now

·
NHB Type R ep3
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I paid £3290, from a garage, but 52,899 miles with full service history all Brindley Honda stamped , 12 months mot and 12 months tax loads of receipts came with her too so was a no brainer tbh

·
NHB Type R ep3
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've had a MG ZS 2.5 V6 since 2007 which is on the pics which is now up for sale, people slate them being Rover based but the V6 is a different animal altogether and I'll be very sad the day she sells, but I'm loving the availability of tuning parts for the Honda, which is vast compared to the mg, I've always been a keen enthusiast regarding tuning and the ep3 has given me that hence every time I look on various websites like Mugen etc and especially on great forums like this one in particular inspires me to go down the tuning road as I've already listed and I'm sure there will be more to come I've even thought about either going down the Turbo or supercharged route but if funds are available over the next 12 months or so I might just do that ;) but yes I have to agree with the fun side :D

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Yup I had the 110+ k series and it's honestly worst car I've ever had lol 2 head gaskets in 70k water pressure issues constantly after that sold it for 250 on a 53 plate with 80k lol

sent from the shire

·
NHB Type R ep3
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Yeah I had a mk2 facelift ZR 160 I brought last year for £1800 only had it 3 days and had hgf so had it repaired at £325 a week later and sold it the week after for £2500 :) so a total of 3 weeks ownership lol :eek: and had a 1970 air cooled beetle 1600cc twin Carb last year, what fun that was so strange to drive left hand drive to but the windscreen flat was weird but so much fun to drive and quite quick to and to be honest I do regret selling her, but I'm loving the ep3 :)

·
NHB Type R ep3
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oil cap fitted :) but definitely needs the rocker painting

·
NHB Type R ep3
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Little update - car booked in for new performance exhaust from Powerflow @ Stafford @11.30 next Saturday :) gone for this tailpipe below. Ordered some 4D carbon fibre vinyl for centre console and waiting for a AEM induction Pipe, Carbon fibre spark plug and inlet carbon covers to end on flea bay

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
I paid £3290, from a garage, but 52,899 miles with full service history all Brindley Honda stamped , 12 months mot and 12 months tax loads of receipts came with her too so was a no brainer tbh
What a bargain mate, nice purchase. :thumbsup:

·
NHB Type R ep3
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Few other thing I've brought :) today

New Black 6 speed gear knob

Mugen badge for tailgate

·
NHB Type R ep3
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
On the tailpipe not sure if to have it straight or at angle like the one below

·
NHB Type R ep3
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Also brought some 4D carbon fibre wrap to do the centre console like below, but the wrap I've gone for is gloss vinyl not matt :)

·
NHB Type R ep3
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
That looks very cool might well do that :)

Or maybe this

Reactions: jamie_H
1 - 20 of 39 Posts