2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone possibly please help me from going insane ! Been trying to source this rattle now for weeks and can't find it.

The sound is as follows - you know how a headlight bulb is held in on those spring clips ! Well it sounds like one of those is jinglin away in the back of my car !

Driving me crazy thou now, as I have checked the rear bulbs in lights , banged the panels to see if anything loose, taped the flaps in the Jack area panel,

It sounds like a loose clip rattling on something when I'm driving, but I can't find it for the life of me, now becoming though a massive annoyance, more that I can't find it.

Has anyone any suggestions on what it could be, or if they know of any metal clips etc in the rear to check

Thankyou in advance !

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had a annoying sound that wouldn't stop until I told her to get out me car. No seriously, I had a certain noise that was driving me crazy and it turned out to be the rear seatbelt buckle hitting the plastic panel.

Sent from my HTC U Ultra using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers mate, I will check the rear seat belt buckles, but sounds like its coming from the boot lid area ? Because I run with no rear parcel shelf and no boot floor, touch wood I don't have many rattles just this anyonying one that is pretty prominant, it's literally like a loose metal clip from something jingling about . If only I had x Ray vision ! Annoying !

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will try the headliner too mate, thanks ! But I try and listen for the area and it's like it's boot lid area !

·
Registered
103 Posts
Pull the rear seats down or get someone to sit in the back and keep an eye on it. I once had my old man in the boot of my Celica to look where a leak were coming from 🤣 things I get him to do

Sent from my HTC U Ultra using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good shout mate. Prob drop the seats down, then it's totally open to be able to try and trace easier hey.

·
Banned
230 Posts
If it was me,id rip all the plastic off the tailgate,takes a couple of mins.

Remove the parcel shelf and anything else in the boot.

And then try that.

If its still there you've narrowed it down,if not then add parts,and check as you go.You might find a broken clip or something obvious.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good shout mate, I don't have parcel shelf anyway or boot floor, so could just pull the panels and go from there . Cheers

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
My boot lid rattled for a while, but I rotated the rubber stoppers inside the boot lid outward a bit and that seemed to stop it. Presumably doing that made the boot lid a tighter fit when closed and stopped any vibrations. Hope you get it sorted!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts