2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow Civic owners.

First time post, hope ive put into the right place.

What it is, is that Ive just bought a new shape 2006 2.2 iCDTI Honda Civic. I love it but when I open the boot - the boot lid does not go up all the way, its almost like the lifters are not strong enough for the boot.

Ive banged my head on it about 10 times and so has the Mrs. Can anyone advise me on how to fix this issue, if new lifters are needed where do I get them from?

Thanks for your help.

·
You're or your..........
2,782 Posts
Quite a few people have had this problem.

The cold could be playing a part.

Get your dealer to replace the struts under warranty if it continues.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, thanks so much for the quick reply. Unfortunatley my car is out of warranty so I will have to go buy myself a set. If I go back to Honda will I not suffer the same problem? Are there any other places you can recommend I could find lifters that would fit? Good to meet you all and thanks again. Matt

·
Jayne here too!!
676 Posts
Id give your honda dealer a ring as if its only an 06 model they may well just replace then for nothing, as it must only just be out of warranty!!! Worth a try u never know!!

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Wheelchair, just spoken to SGS. They are sending me two new ones for a very reasonable price of £45.00! And to think my girlfriend was mocking me for joining a Honda Civic forum. Really grateful, thanks people.

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Thanks Wheelchair, just spoken to SGS. They are sending me two new ones for a very reasonable price of £45.00! And to think my girlfriend was mocking me for joining a Honda Civic forum. Really grateful, thanks people.
Let us have some feedback when you fit them..I may go down this route. My daughter banged her head on it the other day because it didnt lift the tailgate. I'm sick of it not doing what it should...AGAIN!!!:mad:

·
Jayne here too!!
676 Posts
You can use the Type R ones too...they are stronger because of the spoiler !
Im sure ours started playing up since having the type s spoiler fitted!?!?!? :rolleyes: interesting!!!

Jayne x

·
Jayne here too!!
676 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts