2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been for sometime now and it's getting increasingly frustrating I had a leak in the boot where it runs around the boot the rubber part.

It's also on the rear strut tops?? Where are the common problems at because I can't see anything on the net mk8 civic... Also noticed slight water coming in through the plug n pin holes that hold the exterior panel on are damp but that leaks down to the drain slots that exit checked the back lights slight damp the gasket so removed the whole tailgate lights cleaned the surface up

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
17,942 Posts
:( the seams with the roof just above the rubber boot/bung are known to leak, check both sides.

You see many threads on this, if you on using a browser and the Classic view then you'll see a list of related threads below ;)

Good luck getting it sorted and do keep us posted.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:( the seams with the roof just above the rubber boot/bung are known to leak, check both sides.

You see many threads on this, if you on using a browser and the Classic view then you'll see a list of related threads below ;)

Good luck getting it sorted and do keep us posted.
You mean where the plastic runs along the top of the car to the front all that leaks..? Ow dear god I'm using tapa talk app to view this forum as I keep trying to log in.. And it won't let me keeps saying 'were updating the site'

·
Administrator
17,942 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rest found water in this part This morning kept the plastic part out of my boot lid and this water dropped on the cars parcel shelf *** I take it the rear perspex isn't supposed to leak how do I treat this is there a fix thread..

·
Registered
3 Posts
How do you get the boot interior off to see where its coming in from? I found a service manual online but cannot make heads or tails of the boot diagram.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do you get the boot interior off to see where its coming in from? I found a service manual online but cannot make heads or tails of the boot diagram.
Use levers and theres two Philips head screws either side then it leavers off really easy but if it's there boot window just buy a second hand one so much easier

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,027 Posts
Rest found water in this part This morning kept the plastic part out of my boot lid and this water dropped on the cars parcel shelf *** I take it the rear perspex isn't supposed to leak how do I treat this is there a fix thread..

Did you ever fix this mate? I'm going to rave the boot lid interior panel off mine this weekend to see where the leak on mine is. It looks similar to yours, water on the inside of the rubber boot seal...

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you ever fix this mate? I'm going to rave the boot lid interior panel off mine this weekend to see where the leak on mine is. It looks similar to yours, water on the inside of the rubber boot seal...
Yeh bought a second hand tailgate for £50 that fixed it lol . Unless you feel confident ripping the perspex window off and resealing it with sikaflex 295uv with primer also for 12hr cure and buy new clips also from honda . Take all panels off and get a hose or constantly wetting the rear end to see the leak.

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,027 Posts
So where was yours leaking? There must be ab easier fix than removing the boot lid or perspex. I'll see what mine is like when I get the panels off

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,027 Posts
@dkkirk2016 when you say split seal, where abouts as I thought they were bonded on? Sorry about all the questions, I just want to be prepared for when I pull it apart

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No worries lol the seal silicone bonded the rear window lower part you cant actually see it unless you take the boot tail gate plastic off and see where abouts it's split myne was on the top right corner which is hidden can't be accessed unless you remove the rear lower window which I've heard is a b#tch to do

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,027 Posts
Ok mate, thanks for the info, I'll see if there's some sort of workaround for it. Won't know for sure until I get all the plastics off 👍

·
Registered
86 Posts
I had a leak too. Replacement perspex window sorted it out. No more wet boot. Speaking to the window fitting company they told me they’ve done 0000’s under warranty when the 8th gen was first realeased due to leaking water.

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,027 Posts
Well I'm not paying £100s to fix it. I haven't had enough time to have a proper look yet as needed the car and it's not been the weather to sort. If its difficult to find, the boot will be getting a drain hole drilled in it at it's lowest part.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i too have found the fuel filler leaking has anybody fixed the leak from there? is it a new gasket needed and does anybody know how to remove the filler to replace the gasket or will a good dollop of sealant sort it.?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts