2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Boot leaking

Leaks 
21K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  izzy61 
#1 ·
This has been for sometime now and it's getting increasingly frustrating I had a leak in the boot where it runs around the boot the rubber part.

It's also on the rear strut tops?? Where are the common problems at because I can't see anything on the net mk8 civic... Also noticed slight water coming in through the plug n pin holes that hold the exterior panel on are damp but that leaks down to the drain slots that exit checked the back lights slight damp the gasket so removed the whole tailgate lights cleaned the surface up

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
:( the seams with the roof just above the rubber boot/bung are known to leak, check both sides.

You see many threads on this, if you on using a browser and the Classic view then you'll see a list of related threads below ;)

Good luck getting it sorted and do keep us posted.

#3 ·
You mean where the plastic runs along the top of the car to the front all that leaks..? Ow dear god I'm using tapa talk app to view this forum as I keep trying to log in.. And it won't let me keeps saying 'were updating the site'

#5 ·
Rest found water in this part This morning kept the plastic part out of my boot lid and this water dropped on the cars parcel shelf *** [emoji17] I take it the rear perspex isn't supposed to leak how do I treat this is there a fix thread..

#13 ·
No worries lol the seal silicone bonded the rear window lower part you cant actually see it unless you take the boot tail gate plastic off and see where abouts it's split myne was on the top right corner which is hidden can't be accessed unless you remove the rear lower window which I've heard is a b#tch to do

#16 ·
Well I'm not paying £100s to fix it. I haven't had enough time to have a proper look yet as needed the car and it's not been the weather to sort. If its difficult to find, the boot will be getting a drain hole drilled in it at it's lowest part.

#18 ·
Well I motivated myself to have a look at this 'leaking boot' today. I removed the roof gutter trims and cleaned out the gutters. The seam sealer joins don't look bad to me. I have run some Captain Tolley's creeping crack cure into the seams and dried out the bottom of the boot again. I don't think that's the issue.

When I initially opened the boot lit, water dripped from the passenger side tail light bulb access panel. So if the leak continues, I'll pull the rear plastics out and do further investigation.

#19 ·
Forgot to mention bud check the wiring grommet that links the tail gate to the body that's where believe it or not water creeps in down the wiring onto the plugs too [emoji16] also make sure your tailgate shuts properly e.g. boot rubber trim is compressed [emoji6]

#21 ·
I checked the car today and that captain tolley's sealant was sat on top of the drivers side rear damper top washer inside the car!!! I recon like you say it's coming from the wiring grommets. There was also a puddle of water on the passenger side rear, in the jack/toolkit area.

I've had all the plastics off today, sat inside while the back of the car was hosed down with water. No leaks inside from the car body. The rear light centre seals are leaking but that runs down the inside of the panel and out of the drain holes much like it would the inside of a door. I'll reseal them when I get chance. The split window is bone dry, absolutely no sign of water ingress.

If I get any more water inside the car, I'm taking the wiring grommets out and sealing them with instant silicone gasket. You can see they're not quite seated when the boot lid is open

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.