2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm the prowed owner of a 03 civic 1.4 petrol hatch back.

I got the car cheap as the MOT is up in a couple of weeks and my mate said the boot doesn't lock. Had the car two weeks and really like it so tried double pressing lock/unlock etc and the boot lock worked once. Then didn't lock again. No major snags and as I don't think many opportunistic thieves check boots if the doors are locked !

Stupid here tried the key in the door and WOW a winner ! Boot locked. Now it won't open, I've tried banging it, Pulling it up, pushing it down. I was considering fitting a new boot lock as the key won't fit in the lock as the tailgate got damaged, he swapped it and without thinking threw the old lock away. I'm now guessing the lock is working but I have another problem and the lock may just require some lubricant and tlc.

Any ideas or other similar experiences greatly appreciated as the MOT is up soon and the rear windows washer doesn't work so will need to have a wee look into that before test time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also noticed that the boot open latch appears stiff !

Not sure if this is part of my problem or not.

I am planning to try to open the boot from the inside when I get a half hour without the kids.

Any tips on this appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts