2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how much effort it took to open your boot. I.e. once "popped" how much do you have to pull it before the gas struts take over....

I find that I have to lift it so that the boot lid is almost 90degrees before the struts take over, and towards the top of the travel it is very slow....typically I have had newer cars with far easier to open boots. I wondered if it was just a civic thing or something that I could ask Honda to look at at a fortcoming warranty visit....

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Mine really struggles in the cold weather! I pretty much have to open it all the way!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Same here, the struts only manage to hold it in place, they can't raise it. I wonder if Honda have fixed any of these design faults on the 2009 car, but I doubt it.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
I was at the dealer so that they could take a look at how poor the struts are. They compared with a new civic (2008), which was standing outside, and it was about -8 degrees C, but it was only slightly better. What would help are electric heated struts. (Not in my lifetime :eek:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts