2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car developed an interesting fault the other day when the boot release refused to work for 3 days. It eventually started working after I heard a wierd whirring noise from the boot as I was driving along. Could it be related to all the rain recently and the water that collect in the Boot area?:confused:

·
King of the rodeo
4,826 Posts
If You're having water actually collect in the boot that's a big problem. Obviously the seals have failed and are in all probability messing with the electrics. speak to dealer!

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Hi Tydo,
I have the same problem with my car,been unable to open the hatch for over two weeks now.My dealer has now twelve catches on back order.
Seems that it is the drivers door catch that causes the problem as the mechanisms are interconnected.Best of luck.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Tydo,

My sympathy. I had boot swimming pool syndrome too. Details are posted at length elsewhere, but caused by missing clips between the two parts of the rear screen. The leak was fixed, but I've now got (minor) cosmetic damage and a rattle in the tailgate door as a result.

However, it sounds like you may have a different problem, because it sounds like the water is getting into the door and affecting the lock mechanism.

Welcome to the world of Honda :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
My dealer has ordered a new drivers door latch after my hatch failed to open for a few days. It did open eventually but it is an intermittent fault. Service manager said that it is a fault that they are aware about and they will replace the door latch, however just like others, I need to wait on a back order.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm beginning to regret selling my Skoda!!

Seriously though, thanks for info I'll have to call the dealers and start moaning I fear.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
My dealer has ordered a new drivers door latch after my hatch failed to open for a few days. It did open eventually but it is an intermittent fault. Service manager said that it is a fault that they are aware about and they will replace the door latch, however just like others, I need to wait on a back order.
Door latch arrived at dealers, however it was a bad batch and they didn't function properly, another batch is on back order!

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Door latch.

Door latch arrived at dealers, however it was a bad batch and they didn't function properly, another batch is on back order!
Hi,
Same thing happened to me,wrong batch arrived,waited another week for the right latch to arrive,now fitted,working fine.A bit of a novelty being able to open the boot again.All the best.:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
What I don't understand is why Honda did not add a screenwiper to the backwindow. Even if it does not prevent any water from getting through any leaks in the backwindow it should have been there. Or do they expect us to drive that fast that all water will be slide off the window when it rains? ;-)

·
King of the rodeo
4,826 Posts
Rain and/or standing water is probably not what determines the need for a wiper, its the spray and dirt that really hampers visibility! This has been discussed at length before, if it was a huge problem for people they shouldn't have bought the car.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Rain and/or standing water is probably not what determines the need for a wiper, its the spray and dirt that really hampers visibility! This has been discussed at length before, if it was a huge problem for people they shouldn't have bought the car.
Unfortunately you don't find out that it needs a wiper until AFTER you've bought the car and by then it's too late.

It's not a huge problem but it is still very annoying!

"When all else fails, lower your standards!"
Charles H.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
I have found Rain-X on the rear window to work fine although the lower window tends to be less transparent. Yesterday I treated the window with a nano product, so I'll see whether it is worth the extra cost in relation to Rain-X. If not I'll just continue with Rain-X - seems more than satisfactory.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
I used the Halfords version of Rain-X today.
The instructions said it should dry to a haze, but mine didn't. Anyway, it is raining now and I have to go out later, so I'll see if it is any better.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Hi Terry
I used a Rain-X cleaner, washed it off and then used the Rain-X seraler. On the windscreen of my old 307, it was really quite good - effective for about 3 months, if I didn't use auto-wipe. On the rear window of the Civic it has remained effective for 2½ months and now I am trying a nano product which - after one day in the rain - doesn't look to be worth the extra cost.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts