2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i posted previously a month or 2 ago where my visor joint was leaking on both sides and having condensation. Issue was thought to be a leak and replaced windscreen but turned out to be condensation which was solved by using the silica bags. No leaks since.

Today I decided to clean out my boot and noticed a damp smell, so lifted the tyre well and it was fully soaked. I couldn't see any obvious leaks checking the other side of the flap it was dry and the carpet around the boot was also dry.

Any ideas on what's this? I've attached a photo

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,484 Posts
If you perform a search here you will find dozens, maybe a lot more, similar threads with solutions.

Reactions: Iceman29

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

After doing a Google search I ended up finding tonnes of posts on here. Looks like it's a very common problem and needs pulling all the trim off and hosing down to find the leak(s).

Don't have the expertise to trust myself with it but I'll give it a shot, otherwise gonna have to be to a garage and see if they can find the leak.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey @Das, thanks, there's no photo showing.

(complete car noob here) are the gutters found by lifting the carpet in the boot?

Hopefully the photo will clear up where I should be poking around

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,484 Posts
Don't use silicone seal, it deteriorates very quickly on cars.

I've seen good reports about Tigerseal which Halfords carry.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts