2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, been scouring the internet looking for some help and noticed my issue isn't exactly the same as a lot of the posts I've seen.
Basically, the boot warning lamp on the dash is randomly flickering and chiming only at very low speed or when stationary. I've checked the boot, slamming it shut pretty hard and there is no movement once shut but the issue persists. Yesterday parked stationary the boot warning lamp was on permanently when the ignition was on. I've checked the rubber grommets and they are screwed in as far as they will go.

As a possible knock on effect the remote central locking now refuses to lock from the keyfob...no flashing of lights, no whirring from the locks...nothing. However when locking using the key in the door all the doors lock fine (including the boot). Then, the car unlocks all the doors fine when using the keyfob remotely.

To me it sounds like the boot sensor is the root of the issue and I assume this is somehow attached to the boot lock (in the actual hatch?)
Anyone experienced this issue who can offer any advice?
Many thanks.
Simon.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Common problem, caused by dying/dead boot shut micro switch. It is located by the boot locking mechanism. Your looking at £49.44 from Lings honda:

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/hond...&block_02=B__5500&block_03=16542&block_05=hcr

Lings part number: PFKL801752

However you may be able to get cheaper elsewhere. It's an easy fix however so make sure you do it yourself to save some cash :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks for this. I understand taking of the trim is a bit fiddly so am investing in some trim removal tools to assist.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Good plan, I got a nice set of 5 orange trim removal tools for a couple of quid off ebay, work like a charm.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts