2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My boot wont open. I've got a 2006 Honda, I bought it 9 months ago from a Honda Dealer they sold me the extended warranty (it was included in the price) and told me it was covered for parts and labour within that time period. I understand the warranty doesn't cover wear / tear and I don't expect it to but I was a bit disapointed to find out that getting this issue fixed under warranty isn't as straight forwards as I'd had hoped.

After a phone call to a local Honda garage to get it booked in, the service department told me to check there is no dirt / grit blocking the lock. I had my brother take a look at he said there was nothing stopping it working like grit or any forign objects. The Motor appeared dead. It looks a bit of a nightmare getting the boot apart and he didn't want to strip the back end off as I told him foolishly that Honda would take care of it for me with the warranty so he doesn't need to go any futher.

The Honda garage want me to pay £85 p/h diagnostics fee to have it looked at. I wonder has anyone else had a problem with this on a 2006 Civic. It's only happened since the winter and i suspect the motor just needs to be repaced in the switch. The freezing temps proabably killed it.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Also has anyone had problems getting stuff done with the extended warranty? When talking to Honda Dealers they are very vague regarding fees and what is and isnt covered with their warranty. I'm strating to think that 12 months cover isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

Thanks for any help and advice.

Appreciate any help.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Hey guys,

My boot wont open. I've got a 2006 Honda, I bought it 9 months ago from a Honda Dealer they sold me the extended warranty (it was included in the price) and told me it was covered for parts and labour within that time period. I understand the warranty doesn't cover wear / tear and I don't expect it to but I was a bit disapointed to find out that getting this issue fixed under warranty isn't as straight forwards as I'd had hoped.

After a phone call to a local Honda garage to get it booked in, the service department told me to check there is no dirt / grit blocking the lock. I had my brother take a look at he said there was nothing stopping it working like grit or any forign objects. The Motor appeared dead. It looks a bit of a nightmare getting the boot apart and he didn't want to strip the back end off as I told him foolishly that Honda would take care of it for me with the warranty so he doesn't need to go any futher.

The Honda garage want me to pay £85 p/h diagnostics fee to have it looked at. I wonder has anyone else had a problem with this on a 2006 Civic. It's only happened since the winter and i suspect the motor just needs to be repaced in the switch. The freezing temps proabably killed it.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Also has anyone had problems getting stuff done with the extended warranty? When talking to Honda Dealers they are very vague regarding fees and what is and isnt covered with their warranty. I'm strating to think that 12 months cover isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

Thanks for any help and advice.

Appreciate any help.
give the lock a spray with WD40
IT WORK for me

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you are not able to unlock the boot since there's no electric signal coming please slam the diriver's door strongly. It should help because the problem is with the driver's door lock which has microswitch to boot lock.
The dirver's door lock is the central lock giving signal to others locks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I get this now and again, where the boots doesn't work and the rear passenger door doesn't work.
There is no issue with the boot lock itself IMO, or anything like that. It is defintely the drivers central console. In a period when my boot won't open, I will randomly unlock my car, sit in it and 5 seconds later I will hear all the locks release of their own accord as if I had pressed the console ( I didn't)
I go to the boot and yep, it has released the lock. No idea how to solve it myself, but don't have the boot removed the issue isn't that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The door slam might be a good idea, because looking back, it always releases when I sit in my car and obviously close the door!
I want the boot to permanent lock again now so I can test this theory!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts