2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Put your ignition on and open then close the drivers door, if it sounds like the locks unlocking twice then the drivers door lock is bust. J ust replaced mine cost £54 inc vat from honda

·
Registered
275 Posts
In civics the drivers door lock contolls the central locking including the boot. with earlyer civics moisture can get inside the micro switch for the boot and intermitantly cause the boot to not open. you may notice that the boot problems happen after wet weather.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In civics the drivers door lock contolls the central locking including the boot. with earlyer civics moisture can get inside the micro switch for the boot and intermitantly cause the boot to not open. you may notice that the boot problems happen after wet weather.
how do i fix it

·
Registered
59 Posts
You will need to replace the drivers door door latch. Same happened to me about 3 weeks ago and I replaced the part myself. My boot is opening fine now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same thing happen to mine in the new year had to open it from in side :(. Next day was going to take it to the dealers checked it again hey presto it open as been ok ever since . :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts