2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

Washing my civic today I noticed that its bootlid is misaligned!!!! When looking at the back of the car it is especially noticeable where the back window meets the body. At the right there is a much bigger gap than at the left!!!

I am pretty peeved about it to say the least.:( :( I will be ringing the dealer tomorrow!!

Otherwise the car is a dream but this is a disappointment. Has anyone else heard of this problem.

cheers,
jb

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Sorry to hear that.

Had that exact problem with mine. Also when I went to a car wash I had water coming in from both sides of the lid. Not a pleasant experience.

The dealer ended up ordering a new glass and spoiler bit for the boot lid, they got it fixed and it's fine now.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THanks for your reply Copy.

I hope to contact the Dealer today and have it looked at next week.
Mine is not leaking but I still want it corrected.

jb

·
Registered
20 Posts
Window problems

A point to note: it appears that this has been a problem on civics for several previous models. My brother in law has a coupe model of some years vintage and has been suffering this for sometime. Hopefully fixed recently by some sealant.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Picture at last!!!!..... an problem resolution

All,

Washing my civic today I noticed that its bootlid is misaligned!!!! When looking at the back of the car it is especially noticeable where the back window meets the body. At the right there is a much bigger gap than at the left!!!

I am pretty peeved about it to say the least.:( :( I will be ringing the dealer tomorrow!!

Otherwise the car is a dream but this is a disappointment. Has anyone else heard of this problem.

cheers,
jb

Hello to you all again!!
Eventually I have got around to posting a photo of my civic. Love it! Black is a curse to keep clean... especially in rural wexford!!!

Also, the problem with my misaligned bootlid was fixed straight away by my dealer. They also fixed the fuel filler cap irritiation. They were surprised at the fuel cap problem as Honda were meant to have addressed this irritation on all 2007 models.

On the mpg front I am getting approx 40 - 41mpg. My generous trip computer tells me I am getting 44mpg.

Regards,
jb

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts