2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Shake & Bake!
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would bore out the air box today as my mate tried it in his Leon Cupra and said it was alot more responsive. So i sanded down the blades in the air box from where it was moulded to create a better air flow, took it out for a spin and jesus i could not believe how a 10 min simple job could make a difference. Feels like it picks up quicker and now you get a nice whistling sound like its boosting :)

·
Shake & Bake!
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tke the air box out and take filter out then do it all shavings went in bin sanded it down hosed it off dried it out and then fitteed a nice clean box back

·
Registered
492 Posts
hey, i uploaded 3 pictures! I have draw a little bit :)

have you got shaving these red plastic stripes and the little box?

Attachments

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
I thought those veins were important for ensuring a certain air flow for the MAF sensor?

·
Shake & Bake!
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey, i uploaded 3 pictures! I have draw a little bit :)

have you got shaving these red plastic stripes and the little box?
Thats the ones only ones we didnt do was the ones inside the entry hose as they will mess the sensor up. All those blades are for are for strengthening of the plastic on the moulding process and serve no purpose. Its common easy mod that alot other clubs tend to do so thought hey why not give it ago

·
Registered
492 Posts
@ timmy

can you make pictures from your modded airbox?

I don't understand your last post what you mean....sorry :)

·
Shake & Bake!
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will when I get in if the light is good and it stops raining. See my previous thread on "I think I finally love my CTR" as someone has posted pics up

·
Shake & Bake!
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually Micha you have posted the pics

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
does that actually make any difference? the quantum of air would still be the same running through...try the cold air scoop for extra fresh air!!

·
Shake & Bake!
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It does make a difference as the air does not have the "blades" to prevent/hinder the circulation so in theory the air is circulating better

·
Registered
391 Posts
i've given it a try and i cant tell a difference to be honest. although i didn't remove the box bit on the bottom part at the right.

·
Shake & Bake!
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
which box bit??? I noticed a difference and i just got mate at work to take it our for spin and he reckons there is a noticable difference.

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
not being cheeky but surely it doesnt affect how much air is going in in the first place...

just wondering- have you tried any panel filters? they should help too... you can get a nice hks one for £25

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
not being cheeky but surely it doesnt affect how much air is going in in the first place...

just wondering- have you tried any panel filters? they should help too... you can get a nice hks one for £25
It doesn't make the slightest bit of difference, otherwise Honda would have done it.

Save this for the Nova crew, for starters the Cupra club is irrelevant as these are 2 different cars, one heavily reliant on normal air induction correctly channeled and one with forced induction.

For god sake people do NOT do this to your expensive car.

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
It doesn't make the slightest bit of difference, otherwise Honda would have done it.

Save this for the Nova crew, for starters the Cupra club is irrelevant as these are 2 different cars, one heavily reliant on normal air induction correctly channeled and one with forced induction.

For god sake people do NOT do this to your expensive car.
Sounds harsh but yea i know it doesnt work lol!!its simple...it doesnt increase the air flow mass at all so really it does nothing...you'd be more concerned about your AFM!!

Not slating any of you guys who have done it...

i will give 10 out of 10 for you guys effort...not everyone knows how or what increases performance of a car so you do tend to try new things :)

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Sounds harsh but yea i know it doesnt work lol!!its simple...it doesnt increase the air flow mass at all so really it does nothing...you'd be more concerned about your AFM!!

Not slating any of you guys who have done it...

i will give 10 out of 10 for you guys effort...not everyone knows how or what increases performance of a car so you do tend to try new things :)
I didn't mean to sound harsh, only to warn others to think before they go trying it.

Although IMO to be so easily led by someone with a different make / model of car is a bit silly.

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
yep- i had that trouble back when i first started driving..even a simple induction kit change can add 10bhp to turbo'd supercharged cars...

no messing about with these N/A cars lol

1 - 20 of 91 Posts