2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 1.8 mart 2008 ,and honda first battery, but i can listen original radio with ignition off for 10 min.I went to dealer and he told me thet battery is ok and thet it is normal because battery is very small and not eficiant -45 ah- and thet all civic have same problem.

I ask some friends and they told me that only solution is bosch s4 with new frame technology.

Does some of you have bosch s4 and what are opinions.

Bosch Car Batteries, Start first time, every time

pdf

Bosch Car Batteries, Start first time, every time

·
Registered
22 Posts
i had the same problem a couple of years ago, when i had my rx8, where i had to leave the car on charge every other day, i went through 3 battery's and eventually i just went for a "optima high power battery" never had a problem, but it did cost me nearly £300... :(

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I notice that in the past others have mentioned that the radio flattens the battery very quickly. There must be more to it than that, as 10 mins with radio on is a quite insignificant drain on the battery.

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
I'd look at the S5 personally, but it may be overkill, checkout Euro they have some offers on at the moment...

The Japanese, JDM market does batteries that are smaller but more powerful perhaps that might be the way, reduce weight increase battery power :D

Tom

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bosch s5

Bosch s5 battery can not be fited in civic.Only S4 because of dimensions.

Honda oem batery is from no name company in battery world.

They put -FB-battery only because it is cheaper then bosch or varta or other big companyes in battery world.

They put cheaper schock absorber and not put kayaba because it is more money.

They put bluetooth hft option not from -Parrot- because it is more money and for same money they offer -no name company-

Everything is cheap on our civic from door plastics,leather seat,brake discs,brake pads,battery,rain sensor,key fob,paint.,roof blinds,speakers...........everything.

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Reallly, when I saw them side by side the only difference I could see was height... but maybe they are different??

Tom

·
Registered
720 Posts
Honda OEM battery is from Yuasa and they are good batteries. If you have never heard of a brand name before it does not automatically qualify it as bad.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Check the dimensions as, when I had my replacement battery, I said I would pay the difference for a better, more powerful battery.

The service manager said it wasn't possible to fit a different battery due to the confined space available. He went on to say that the current battery really isn't up to it due to the capacity.

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
honda oem battery

Honada oem battery is not from Yuasa it is from -FB- it is Furukawa Battery company.

: : FB Battery : :

Battery model in civic is: FB GOLD 46B24L (S)-MF.

On their web site is state:

Maintenance Free.

No need to refill distilled water lifetime.*

and then very stupid thing

* Loss of water, depending on weather conditions and the use of cars.

How is maintenance free then ??????????????????????????????????

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Honada oem battery is not from Yuasa it is from -FB- it is Furukawa Battery company.

: : FB Battery : :

Battery model in civic is: FB GOLD 46B24L (S)-MF.

On their web site is state:

Maintenance Free.

No need to refill distilled water lifetime.*

and then very stupid thing

* Loss of water, depending on weather conditions and the use of cars.

How is maintenance free then ??????????????????????????????????
Totally Furukawaing stupid isn't it :D

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
do bosch make a suitable battery that will fit a civic 06 onwards? i want to replace my car battery as its coming to end of its lifetime at 2.5 years- plus i dont want to risk battery problems over winter.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Doesn't the battery for the 2.2 have more Amp-Hours than that for the Petrol versions - that is, higher capacity but the same physical dimensions ? ...

Wouldn't help the diesel drivers - but, hey - who cares about them ;) ! ...

·
Premium Member
945 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bosch models for civic

For petrol 1.8 model is only s4(021) with 45ah

For diesel 2.2 models are s4 (008) 74ah,s5(008)77ah,s6(001)70ah

For petrol owner is one note thet history worst car ever have powerfull battery option of max 52 ah to 63 ah for:

WARTBURG
ZASTAVA (YUGO)
ZAZ-
Tawrija

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
put your radio on for 10 mins..let me see what happens..??..
I've had my Civic parked on my driveway, with doors open and CD playing, for over 1 hour, (engine off !) while I tidied-up the garden ...

Next day, car started just as normal - as I would have expected ...

I takes a lot of Radio \ CD-player use to make any noticeable dent in even a 45AH battery (assuming you haven't got some sort of giant sub-woofer running) ! ...

So, if 10 minutes of use means the car won't start, then there would seem to be only 3 possibilities :-

1} the Alternator isn't sending delivering what it should when you're driving ...

2} the Battery isn't holding the charge that the Alternator is trying to deliver ...

3} both the Alternator and Battery are defective ...

(Or, isn't there a "regulator" in the system that could possibly be malfunctioning ?) ...

p.s. - having said all that, for me, 45AH is the minimum for a 1.8 and I'd vastly prefer to have a little more 'redundancy', especially in Winter - so, if anyone knows of a suitable sized higher capacity battery, let me know !!! ...

1 - 20 of 201 Posts